BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fueled up and stupid me spills petrol on the r/h wind deflector , so does anybody out there knows how to remove the stain without damaging the plastic .
regards numbnuts in blighty

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I would start with some plastic scratch polish paste, if that does not remove the craze on the surface ... likely your going to be Shi* outa luck :(

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You may try cleaning the surface with denatured alcohol and then polish with PLEXUS.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had a stained, cloudy screen. I used methylated spirits and that cleaned it up a treat. That was about three months ago and I have not had the cloudyness return :dance:

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Translation according to Wikipedia:

Denatured alcohol is used as a solvent and as fuel for spirit burners and camping stoves. It is also known as methylated spirits

Loren

Foodle said:
I had a stained, cloudy screen. I used methylated spirits and that cleaned it up a treat. That was about three months ago and I have not had the cloudyness return :dance:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Just don't drink it Loren :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mothers makes plastic cleaner and polish you can use with the foam ball on a drill, can be found at WalMart or local auto parts store.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Boatzo said:
Just don't drink it Loren :p
There's been a rise in thar over here. Mixing it with orange or pineapple juice to take the edge off.

That and the alcohol wipe sachets at A&E (ER) at hospitals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts