BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked around and didn't find anything. Wondering if anyone has done a side by side comparison of the 2 and wrote something up on it?

Thanks,
TBob

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
TBob

No one has done one for the LT. Tried a few years ago, but couldn't get the juxtaposition of events/people/places.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
From what I've read, heard, and experienced (Ohlins on Raven), they are both good. Even when the purchase has been price-based, results are happy riders - and not just LTs. The difference for us on the 02 was amazing. W said she could feel it was right on the first ride. Same when I changed the front. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
TBob,

The basic differances one needs to know about both (some good/ some bad)

Ohlins are more popular (been around longer) & more places can service them.
On the LT Ohlins, ONLY the rear has rebound adjustments, front is FIXED.

Wilbers are the newer shock on the market & fewer places service them.
"BUT" ;) both rear AND front shocks have adjustable rebound adjustments.

Ohlins are made in Sweden & high quality units.
Wilbers are made in Germany & high quality as well.

*** Yup you have a choice :)
I chose Wilbers as have many others.

Scott

·
Registered
597 Posts
My '05 LT, which I bought slighty (2,400 miles) used came with Ohlins installed front and rear. My oh my what a wonderful ride they've been since. They substanially improve the ride and handling characterics of the LT in a way that I would not have believed prior to owning them. Try 'em, you'll like 'em!!

·
Registered
597 Posts
My '05 LT, which I bought slighty (2,400 miles) used came with Ohlins installed front and rear. My oh my what a wonderful ride they've been since. They substanially improve the ride and handling characterics of the LT in a way that I would not have believed prior to owning them. Try 'em, you'll like 'em!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I installed Ohlins on my Cruiser, but am going to install Wilbers on the LT.

Ohlins are an excellent shock, but I have found Wilbers give you a more personal attention, can set up the shocks to your weight and riding style, and importantly for me, have a dealer and installer not far from where I live.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts