BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to take delivery of a 2005 K1200LT with 8,500 miles. We agreed on a price of $9,300. The only upgrade will be the highway ottomans on it. The bike seems to be in great shape and the seller straight on what he has done. Looks like a good cleaning is on file but that is all for right now.

I am assuming the tires are the original set and the battery looks like it needs to be replaced. The dealer did the 6000 mile service on it a year or so back.

Any feedback on the market price, etc?

Thanks Guys...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
That seems like a fair price. With that low of mileage, the bike is essentially brand new. You may want to look into whether or not you can extend the warranty on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Even adjusting for 'Winter Pricing' (it's snowing again here).....if the bike is sound and everything works as it should......that seems to be a pretty good deal.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
Ditto on the price. Hope they did a brake flush during the 6K service. If there is no record of one being done I would negotiate that into the deal. If tires are original I recommend replacement as they are now 5+years old (check the molded dates on the side wall 2404 would be 24th week of 2004). Then go out and enjoy the heck out of it.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
Just buy it. :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
r u sure the date code on the side wall? I see some numbers on the tread part of my spare ME 880s?

jzeiler said:
Ditto on the price. Hope they did a brake flush during the 6K service. If there is no record of one being done I would negotiate that into the deal. If tires are original I recommend replacement as they are now 5+years old (check the molded dates on the side wall 2404 would be 24th week of 2004). Then go out and enjoy the heck out of it.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
No risk, no reward. JUST DO IT ALREADY!

And then share with us the pictures! :bike:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I bought a 05 LT in Oct, 09 and paid 12,500. It had 20K, and a few extras including a trailer. After getting used to the weight, and being top heavy, I really enjoy it.

Still have a 97 R1100RT, and for shorter rides (and one up) it is more fun. However, for comfort, and longer rides the LT is the one.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Appears to be a really good price.From your description, it sounds like you will be able to add your farkles of preference and make it unique to you.
I have a 2005 as well, and live just over in Deptford, by the mall. Maybe we can get together for a ride this spring.

Bob

·
Registered
148 Posts
Per Kelly Blue Book, Trade-in Value = $9,200. & Retail Value = $12,900.
Your agreed upon price is close to trade-in value. However, the overall condition of the bike both aesthetically and mechanically will also influence the value.

Do your homework and due diligence.

Carl
Valrico, Fl

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,358 Posts
MattKas said:
r u sure the date code on the side wall? I see some numbers on the tread part of my spare ME 880s?
I see some lot numbers on my new Mtez in the tread area but the date code is molded into the side wall and can always be seen.

Me880s here you see lot #9668 with date code 1108. 11th week year 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
18 months ago I paid 15.5 for my 2005 with 7,000 miles. It had lots of add ons (see list below). But the prices on these have dropped like a rock. Keep in mind the dealers are selling new 2010s with no add ons, no comm, no CD changer, no GPS for 22,500.00 plus tax and fees. The deal you are getting sounds real good to me.

·
Registered
929 Posts
That's a deal...:dance:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah that bike is worth every bit of 12k

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are awesome on here...I am getting the bike in the relatively near future as the owner needs to get the title cleared from this credit union. At the end of the day, this bike is something I wanted when I first saw one 5 years ago during the Wildwood NJ bike show (I also own a yamaha Roadstar). Just a classy looking bike if you ask me...the purchase of the bike is on my bucket list as I am in the process of writing a book on drip marketing (www.dripmarketing.com). The book is also on my bucket list. After my book is completed, I am giving myself a 7 - 10 day vacation of taking the LT on a long bike trip...to where...does it really even matter?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I bought my K1200LT Nov. 2008 for $11,300.00. To bad I didn't know about this great web site before I bought the bike. I picked up my new bike and when I pulled up to my garage door that first day " I DROPPED IT ". I stopped and it fell over. Thank goodness the chrome trim on the side bags were pre-scratched. Over the past year and half it has decided to take a nap two more times. I have been riding 30 years and this is the best bike I have ever owned. Buy it and enjoy. Harold

1 - 18 of 18 Posts