Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS

I beleive that there is a way to program at home using some online instructions.

Paul

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mwnahas said:
But still I am wondering if there is another compatible alarm remote that would work with the LT?

I would assume that it is a standard technology like our garage door openers and there has to be some similarity between the CAR fobs and motorcycle fobs.

It would be cool to have a fob like the one for cars (all in one, key and alarm remote) all in one

Paul

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
I Paul,

Your post reminds me that I haven't used mine since day one! It just bounces around in the oddment box taking up space.

Wonder if anyone has had a K1200LT stolen? I can't imagine riding off on one without prior knowledge.... Maybe load on a truck with enough help or a sky hook.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DanDiver said:
I Paul,

Your post reminds me that I haven't used mine since day one! It just bounces around in the oddment box taking up space.

Wonder if anyone has had a K1200LT stolen? I can't imagine riding off on one without prior knowledge.... Maybe load on a truck with enough help or a sky hook.
Dan I agree. It would be hard to steal a bike like the LT, but a tow truck driver could be off with it in probably 15 min or less.

With that said, I am just trying to keep the saddle bags, trunk and oddments box locked.

I think I disabled the engine disabler on mine since it was such a hasstle to enable every time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I read in the Supplemental Rider's Manual that each time a fob's battery is replaced, the fob has to be synchronized and the procedure for doing it. As far as adding remotes, from the manual, "If you want to start using an extra remote unit or replace a remote control that has been mislaid, you always have to register all the remote control units with the anti-theft alarm. You can register a maximum of four remote control units." Lots of steps, but doesn't seem too difficult.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
pauleknight said:
Dan I agree. It would be hard to steal a bike like the LT, but a tow truck driver could be off with it in probably 15 min or less.
It only takes two big guys and a 2x4, and a truck with a ramp. A buddy of mine was with three of his friends. Stopped in a popular bar for a few. All had Harley dressers. Three of the four were stolen in less than fifteen minutes. Eye witness account to police. Where there's a will there's a way....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lee510 said:
I read in the Supplemental Rider's Manual that each time a fob's battery is replaced, the fob has to be synchronized and the procedure for doing it.
Can anyone verify this? I am about to change the batteries on both Fobs and don't want to have trouble starting her up again.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Sure can. More from the book. "After the battery has been changed, LED remains permanently on - the remote control unit now has to be synchronized. You do this by holding the remote control unit within the range of the receiver and pressing button 1 (left) twice in succession. LED starts flashing and goes out a few seconds later. The remote control unit is now ready for use."

Wonder why the remote doesn't stay sync'd. The remotes for my Toyota and Ford SUVs don't have to be.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
tonygret said:
Can anyone verify this? I am about to change the batteries on both Fobs and don't want to have trouble starting her up again.
Alway be safe and only do one fob at a time... just in case.
I recently got locked out of my bike and my house. Fortunately my wallet was in my pocket and I was able to go to Fry's and get a couple of new batteries. My manual was also locked in the bike, along with my house keys, but I tried things like pressing the knob buttons in no particular order while close to the bike and I was saved! :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
tonygret said:
I just did BOTH of mine. In one of the them the battery had died and in the other it was still ok. I did the dead one first and re-synched it. Everything worked. Then and only then did I pull the battery out of the good remote. The only reason I did both was because I could only find the batteries sold in pairs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts