BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My temperature needle is swinging a lot on my 2003GT. This morning it was below 40-degrees F air temperature. The temp needle would swing from way below normal when in motion to near the red zone at a stop light. My coolant is full. Any idea what could be causing this?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
NightRider6 said:
My temperature needle is swinging a lot on my 2003GT. This morning it was below 40-degrees F air temperature. The temp needle would swing from way below normal when in motion to near the red zone at a stop light. My coolant is full. Any idea what could be causing this?
Check the connections in the wiring to the temp sender switch.........could just be that......also, if needed, Ohm out the switch/sensor itself..............?................Make sure connections are all clean and I like to use a little di-electric grease on all the connections I take apart................. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Depending on the length of the red light this is normal. You should be just below half running down the road and it will climb slowly to just below the red mark at a red light if you are there long enough. The fans will kick in and and it will move back down the scale. The harder (or faster) you ride between the lights makes it climb faster.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You sure you got it full ?

Sounds like an air pocket to me..
Thermostat stuck open ?

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts