BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in creating a wikipedia article? I've only had my K1200LT for a few months and am still learning about it. BUT there is no entry for it on wikipedia at all. If there is enough interest generated we could create one.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,252 Posts
I think this site IS the wikipedia of the LT!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
jzeiler said:
I think this site IS the wikipedia of the LT!
Point !!!

Maybe we could even add a how to and and FAQ section. :D

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
mwnahas said:
Point !!!

Maybe we could even add a how to and and FAQ section. :D
WHAT? :lol8:

No Facebook, Twitter or god help us - My Space (yeah, I know it it's old news) LT page that Justin Timberlake is currently lending his full credibility and check book behind to rejuvenate?

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...s-ready-revamped-artist-centric-site-20120927

Dayem, it's hard for us old geezers to keep up with social media (let alone floor board choices) for the LT these days! :dance:

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
patrick2000 said:
I recommend the ME880s and Castrol 20W50.
Black, purple or green?

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
bigsquish said:
Would anyone be interested in creating a wikipedia article? I've only had my K1200LT for a few months and am still learning about it. BUT there is no entry for it on wikipedia at all. If there is enough interest generated we could create one.
Well, this thread digressed, huh? :histerica
I read the first post before any replies, and thought it was not a bad idea. (okay, double negative).
I happen to think Wikipedia is one of the best things about the internet. Free, no ads, pretty good information, fluid, and voluntary. Without waxing further on the value of wikipedia, if someone wants to start a wikipedia article on the K1200LT, I offer every encouragement, and might even add a few words.
I actually think that the K1200LT was (is) a sentinel point in the evolution of the touring motorcycle; worthy of a Wikipedia article. The BMW R90S has been recognized as a "game changer" in production motorcycles. There is a Wikipedia article about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R90S
The K1200LT was enough of a leap forward from previous BMW offerings, and enough of a challenge to other, more "sterile", touring motorcycles, it warrants recognition. The fact that the production run has now ended further makes for an "historical" article regarding the characteristics and qualities of this fine motorcycle.
I'm in...

·
Registered
130 Posts
While this site is the official LT central, I think it's a good idea and will help to keep the LT (or it's memory at some point) alive. I believe the K1200LT was and is a standard bearer for a different type of bike that is a combination of touring/sport touring bikes. Hopefully the 1600 and other bikes will carry on that tradition.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Well, this thread digressed, huh? :histerica
I read the first post before any replies, and thought it was not a bad idea. (okay, double negative).
I happen to think Wikipedia is one of the best things about the internet. Free, no ads, pretty good information, fluid, and voluntary. Without waxing further on the value of wikipedia, if someone wants to start a wikipedia article on the K1200LT, I offer every encouragement, and might even add a few words.
I actually think that the K1200LT was (is) a sentinel point in the evolution of the touring motorcycle; worthy of a Wikipedia article. The BMW R90S has been recognized as a "game changer" in production motorcycles. There is a Wikipedia article about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R90S
The K1200LT was enough of a leap forward from previous BMW offerings, and enough of a challenge to other, more "sterile", touring motorcycles, it warrants recognition. The fact that the production run has now ended further makes for an "historical" article regarding the characteristics and qualities of this fine motorcycle.
I'm in...

Curtis, I presume that you meant it was a was a seminal point in the evolution of the motorcycle, as in:

sem·i·nal   [sem-uh-nl]
adjective

1. [omitted]
2. [omitted]
3. [omitted]
4. highly original and influencing the development of future events: a seminal artist; seminal ideas.

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/seminal?s=t

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
deputy5211 said:
Curtis, I presume that you meant it was a was a seminal point in the evolution of the motorcycle, as in:

sem·i·nal   [sem-uh-nl]
adjective

1. [omitted]
2. [omitted]
3. [omitted]
4. highly original and influencing the development of future events: a seminal artist; seminal ideas.

source: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/seminal?s=t
Seman, seaman, semantics, seminal. Dang, I get confused so easily these days. :D

At least my girl friend has a grip on it. :bowdown:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Seman, seaman, semantics, seminal. Dang, I get confused so easily these days. :D

At least my girl friend has a grip on it. :bowdown:

So I hear... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
CharlieVT said:
Yup, that is better.
mea culpa

Of course Ron had to take it in the direction of the first two definitions... (someone had to be first, and I could not since I posted the definition! LoL)

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I'm sorry Thomas. We don't mean to squash ideas. Just having a little fun. Please don't take it the wrong way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts