BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andy wrote:
(Not funny and partisan politics. Thread closed.)


Don't like the joke...don't laugh at it.

I sent that joke to quite a few friends and got more responses then almost anything I have seen in awhile. All thought it was hysterical.

Partisan Politics? I find both republican and democrat leaders equally inept and deserving of ridicule. If we couldn't laugh at the mess they have all caused, we may as well start crying.

I think the closing of the thread was the most partisan act in this little interlude.

Check your sense of humor.

Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Ron, I liked your post, Thanks for the laugh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,566 Posts
byke33 said:
Check your sense of humor.
Does this man appear to have a sense of humor?
:wave
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,852 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
Does this man appear to have a sense of humor?
:wave
Why yes, it does, and yes, he has.

He just had it with the constant left and right winged rehashing of nonsensical, not funny, partisan politics, hidden behind very thinly veiled "jokes". So thin in fact that it isn't even a veil any more, Maybe a haze would the better term.

And we don't condone hazing here either.

There are PLENTY of left and right winged nutcase sites out on the internet which are welcoming political "jokes" like the one in question. This site is not one of them.

Please note that this opinion comes from someone who does not vote, does not have the "right" to vote and quite frankly would have a hard time to decide whether to vote for the devil or Beelzebub (non religious).

And while we may have been more lenient in the past and had a number of thread derailed due to non-sensical political and or religious back and forth we have decided we will no longer do that and threads deemed questionable will be closed and as we have done in the past if threads are clearly against the guidelines they will be deleted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,801 Posts
Apparently we aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. :)

Maybe you've already done this, but in case you haven't: Consider updating the rules/regs so we know what the parameters are. Closing the thread because it was political? I can see that. Those rules exist, and it's your call. Calling it not funny? That's subjective.

It's kind of like the controls on the TV. If I don't like what's being shown, I change channels or turn it off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,852 Posts
hschisler said:
Apparently we aren't in Kansas anymore, Toto. :)

Maybe you've already done this, but in case you haven't: Consider updating the rules/regs so we know what the parameters are. Closing the thread because it was political? I can see that. Those rules exist, and it's your call. Calling it not funny? That's subjective.
No, we are not in Kansas any more. The thread was closed and I stated as such because it was political and a rehash of things that have been said 50 times over and over.

Believe it or not, it wasn't funny at all because I have heard all the crap already way too often.

I say it again just so that it is perfectly clear: No thread on this site was ever closed or deleted because somebody did not find it funny enough, and that will continue to be the case. BUT we will be faster with the close a thread button every time politics or religion will come into play. That is and will be true for left and right winged politics and religion whether it is Christian, Muslim, Jewish or The flying spaghetti monster.

We understand that this will take some time to adjust, but our experiment with the crapper taught us a couple of things. One of which is that sites that do not allow any kind of religion or politics just run 'smoother'

And there is no need to rewrite the rules and regulations. Everything is covered.We just choose to tighten the definition of religion and politics. Thats all.
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
I usually stay out of threads like this but.... This IS a Motorcycle Forum for Motorcycle Enthusiast, NOT a Forum on Politics. When Political threads come up I look at them ONLY as a Moderator not a forum member & I DO NOT respond in most cases. If you get you jollies by starting shit with political rhetoric PLEASE do it elsewhere. As Andy stated there are lots of THOSE types of forums on the internet for you to join.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,525 Posts
Apparently the opinion of those who own this site is now coming into play more than it has in the past...

I thought this was why the crapper was invented....A place to put our S***
(edit, I see the crapper has gone away) So we are holding ourselves to a higher standard it seems.

Humor is a very individual thing. Something that I might think is funny may just Pi** someone else off... If it's off color, Political, racist, .etc... Some of us can still overlook the "bad" side and find the humor in things.. Others, can't...

But,,,

I don't own this site....And somebody obviously does own it.. That person has the right to say what can and can't be posted... Obviously that person didn't think whatever was funny...

I didn't see the original thread and I really don't care.. It must have been a good one to get to Andy in that way....

I also think it's quite funny that no one has said anything found on the wikileaks site was untrue.....Just sayin'

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,024 Posts
DaveDragon said:
It was never about the humor or lack there of.
It was all about the bullshit political rhetoric that drags threads down to the level of pissing contest.
That will no longer be tolerated, and will be stopped as soon as it starts.
+1 the political baiting & eye poking has to stop. And yes, Andy may look gruff, but he has a very good sense of humor!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
andy said:
No, we are not in Kansas any more. The thread was closed and I stated as such because it was political and a rehash of things that have been said 50 times over and over.

Believe it or not, it wasn't funny at all because I have heard all the crap already way too often.

I say it again just so that it is perfectly clear: No thread on this site was ever closed or deleted because somebody did not find it funny enough, and that will continue to be the case. BUT we will be faster with the close a thread button every time politics or religion will come into play. That is and will be true for left and right winged politics and religion whether it is Christian, Muslim, Jewish or The flying spaghetti monster.

We understand that this will take some time to adjust, but our experiment with the crapper taught us a couple of things. One of which is that sites that do not allow any kind of religion or politics just run 'smoother'

And there is no need to rewrite the rules and regulations. Everything is covered.We just choose to tighten the definition of religion and politics. Thats all.
:thumb:
The ump has ruled, move on. There are other places you can discuss those other things.
:cool:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top