BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud new owner of an 04LT and took my wife out for the first time today. She started feeling back strain after 20 minutes and told me when we got home that the back rest seemed to make her lean forward. She said it was caused by the lack of support at ther lower back and the protruding back cushion. I have heard that the trunk box can move back but not sure how this is done. Anyone had any similar issues and come up with a fix?

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Another question, is she wearing gear (Jacket) with armor in the back?

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Knobber said:
I am the proud new owner of an 04LT and took my wife out for the first time today. She started feeling back strain after 20 minutes and told me when we got home that the back rest seemed to make her lean forward. She said it was caused by the lack of support at ther lower back and the protruding back cushion. I have heard that the trunk box can move back but not sure how this is done. Anyone had any similar issues and come up with a fix?
If you want to move it back an inch: read your owner's manual.

If you want to move it back 2 inches inch I can help you out with that.

If you want to move it back 3 inches you need a Goldwing! :p ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. She was wearing regular leather jacket but my last bike was a Valky with a sissy bar. She got used to leaning back on it, while the LT seems to push her forward. I will move the box back and see if that helps. Ronkmiller - I would be interested to learn how to move it 2".

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Another Inch?

I'd be interested in knowing how to move it back another inch as well. How'd you do that Ron?

·
Registered
70 Posts
add us also

Knobber said:
Thanks for the advice. She was wearing regular leather jacket but my last bike was a Valky with a sissy bar. She got used to leaning back on it, while the LT seems to push her forward. I will move the box back and see if that helps. Ronkmiller - I would be interested to learn how to move it 2".

Hey add us to the list also please, pear is a shape, and that is the shape we are in!!
Thanks
Tom&Berta

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Hey Newbies

For all you new folks, we have a Technical Section with a Hall of Wisdom on this site. Ron's post on how to move box back over the standard 1" can be found there and the thread to find out how to move it back the first 1" can be found here. There are also many, many, many questions answered there. Might make good reading from time to time.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Steve_R said:
For all you new folks, we have a Technical Section with a Hall of Wisdom on this site. Ron's post on how to move box back over the standard 1" can be found there and the thread to find out how to move it back the first 1" can be found here. There are also many, many, many questions answered there. Might make good reading from time to time.
hey steve thanks for digging that old musty crusty out of the archives for us to use, I did the 1 inch thing tonight, and I think Im going to have to give the 2 inch a try, (the wife cant wait!!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I managed to get a couple of pieces of stainless to make up the brackets so I don't have to worry about rust. Will see if I can't get them mounted this weekend. Tks to all for the help.
86 Shadow
98 Valkyrie
04LT

·
Registered
70 Posts
OK OK you got me guys

nelson61 said:
You know you want too !!:D
OK OK you got me guys...I didnt mean it that way!! the wife did get a laugh out of your replys tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wife's Sore Back

Thanks to all. Moved the trunk back and it was quite easy. First time my wifes has been impressed with just an inch!
Happy trails to you!

Knobber :dance:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Knobber said:
Thanks to all. Moved the trunk back and it was quite easy. First time my wifes has been impressed with just an inch!
Happy trails to you!

Knobber :dance:

Your screename and your message are WAY too coincidental! :histerica

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
cccpastorjack said:
Your screename and your message are WAY too coincidental! :histerica
I always like to start out the day reading a chuckle or two here --- thanks, Jack. Didn't even have to go to the 'humor' forum for that one. :D

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
OK RaffyK,I'll say it for us both. My wife prefered the 2 inch over the 1 inch when I first got my LT. Theres no going back now.

Dean

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
That aux. mounting bracket is a great idea. Nice job. I suspect there is one in our future. :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts