BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 3 years ago I announced my wife was getting her own bike. A Ninja 250 was our choice for the fit. Since that time she has put over 18,000 miles on her bike. Even took a trip with me to Deals Gap from Iowa on it. And in the process she has become a very skilled rider.
It was time for a new and better bike, so after a lot of searching we settled on an '09 Ninja 650R. I got a lowering kit for it and now she's riding it. Needless to say, she loves it. So do I. Great bike in almost every way.
Sending a photo so you can see.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Gone through the same thing.
Wife started on a Honda 250VTR and now has a Yamaha X6S Diversion (600).
Both had to have a lowering kit and 2 inches put under her bike boots by a cobbler, as she is a mere 5 foot (stretched).

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alfred02 said:
Gone through the same thing.
Wife started on a Honda 250VTR and now has a Yamaha X6S Diversion (600).
Both had to have a lowering kit and 2 inches put under her bike boots by a cobbler, as she is a mere 5 foot (stretched).

I've been thinking of having a cobbler add to her boots, too. How does you wife like the boot alteration? Has it made her footwork on the pegs and shifting, etc any klunkier?

·
Registered
374 Posts
gpolakow said:
I've been thinking of having a cobbler add to her boots, too. How does you wife like the boot alteration? Has it made her footwork on the pegs and shifting, etc any klunkier?
Sorry, never saw the reply....
Didn't make any difference to her. I expected and offered to change the position of the gear and rear brake levers to suit.
Her reply was that she wanted to try first for a short while and then make a decision. After a few rides later she told me it was fine and not to alter anything as she was happy with the original position of the levers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts