BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a 2006 LT and really love it! I was just curious if anyone has ever found a mfg for wider saddlebag covers? I have seen some BMW's where that is available and I assume they are not for the LT, but just wanted to ask. I took the CD out to get more space on the right, but could use some more space or ... maybe a better packing system?

Thanks for any help you may offer....

Sammy

·
Registered
832 Posts
That is a good question. To my knowledge, there is nothing available to widen the side cases for the LT. Being molded to be part of the bikes finished look, this would require a completly new matching cover.

Many of us take advantage of one of the available aftermarket topcase rack bags. If I am going solo, sometimes I use a soft bag on the seat behind me. Others take off the trunk and install the Ft. Worth rack for piling on soft bags and gear. Still others pull a Unigo trailer. It can be tough to go long distance two-up with tools, clothes, raingear, etc.

Good luck with whatever combo that you try.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
We pull a Bushtec. Almost enuf room for stuff! :-| Also have the bag on the top rack. Once set up in camp, we have had rangers ask where our car is! Love it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts