BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 9:00 AM. I'm on Colorado #165 westbound out of Colorado City. My 19-year-old son is on the 1100 Yamaha bringing up the rear. It's broken sunlight to mostly cloudy and drops to 49 degrees as we top the summit and run down the twisties of the Continental Divide, turning north on Colorado #96 and #67. Breakfast is at Two Sisters Diner in Florence. On to the Royal Gorge and back down as the thunderstorms just miss us with lots of lightning visible in the mirrors but with us staying dry. Eventually back to the KOA after some more sight seeing in the Pueblo area and a rain break at a local Sonic drive-in. It rains like a bitch after we get the bikes covered and us inside . The next morning it's 270 miles back to where we started. We arrive tired, burnt, and happy.

That's why you bought your LT, just in case you forgot. :D

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
My wife told me I could get a new bike , If she could get a new sidecar .

·
Registered
493 Posts
cfell said:
'cause Momma sed so...
That's funny! My beautiful wife of 45 years and has 200,000 mile on a old airhead RS. said "I think we need one of these" after we borrowed a friend's LT for a short 100 mile ride..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Same here,
Rode up to a BMW demo-ride in Branson Missouri. Commented that I always want to try the LT. The man said he had a 2:00 o'clock spot and signed me up for a 30 min. ride. We left w/ a group riding all of the street models BMW had w/ a ride capt. in front and in back from BMW. Riding 2 up into a 30mph curve @ 60 mph wasn't what I expected, but after a couple of those we settled in w/ the rest of the group. Within 30 min my wife poked me and said, "When are we getting one?" The rest is history.

Ahhhhhhh! Colorado!!!! I love that place.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
I demo'd one about 5 years ago after running a Big Dog Vintage for 4 years, set up for 2 up touring. One minute in the saddle and wife said this was the one. "No problem, dear."
Traded my S+S powered softail, and never looked back. I have 74K on it and love it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I demo'd one with my wife on the back and we went 100 feet and she said this is way better than a Goldwing. True story.....

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
My wife got on the back with me at the show room and said. "You can get one of these".
So I did. Who was I to argue? :D

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We were 4 weeks away from a 2500 Mile Europe tour and only had the Triumph legend. next to no capacity for luggage, and not too cofortable on a long trip.

Bought the LT with about 1 week to go, got to learn real fast how to ride the beast fully laden. Wife had 7 pairs of shoes with her, I was permitted to take 1 pair underwear, 1 sock ( I could chose which foot to wear it on) and she got all the rest of the luggage space.

Must say it was the right bike for this sort of trip.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Because my wife really wanted one. We rode the Ultra Classic, Vision and a R1200CLC before riding the K1200LT. Less than 10 minutes into the test ride on the Magic Carpet her decision was made but she let me think I made the decision until I brought it home. :eek:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Looking one over on eBay one night and the 'Child Bride' walked through.........a simple comment was made..........'I'd ride one of those with you'.............

the deal was made..................... :eek:

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I loved the LT, and my wife LOVED the LT. 90% of the time, we're two-up, so her opinion counted on this one.

As for the house, cars, and everything else, she gets what I pick out... sure... :rolleyes:

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,969 Posts
I bought mine because uh well because let me think a little still thinking I guess I can't answer this because my wife bought me mine with out my knowledge. Good choice if I must say so myself.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Was pretty simply, was going to buy a brick one way or the other, Personal choice was the GT or an RS .... wife said I AM ON THE BACK, nuf said the LT it became.

Damn those wives of ours sure have a say in some matters !!

·
Just ridin'
5,297 Posts
My wife said: "buy this!" in March 1999, after a 30 minute ride up I-70 into the mountains. Over 100,000 LT miles since then.

Seems like we have a trend here :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I had a K1100LT and the wife said, "this ain't comfortable". Got an HD Road King and the wife said, "this ain't comfortable". Got an HD Ultra Classic and the wife said, "this ain't comfortable". Got a K1200 LT and the wife said, "ZZZZZZZZZZ". :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Life's too short to be wasted on anything less than the best. Why settle for less?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had always owned Yamaha's I took a ride on the full dresser Yam at the Indy dealer I won't mention their name because they are not worthy of mention. After the fiasco that took place there I went to my brothers house for dinner. During the meal he said I go by a bike shop everyday. I said what kind of bikes and he said all I know is they have helmets, motorcycle wearing apparel, and two wheeled vehicles with motors on them. So we went by Revard's BMW I saw the LT and liked what I saw. After some research online I went down when they were open and asked for a test ride. Not having my helmet with me I was turned down but I came back with my helmet and went on a five mile circuit by myself. I stopped in a parking lot for some slow maneuvers and like the way it handled at low speeds. I went back to the shop and said order me a blue one. I'm saddened to say that Revard's is no longer there the owner Bill Revard was the best dealer in the world. I was always well taken care of and everyone at the shop was very courteous to me. I miss those guys I stop from time to time to see Bill at his other business. As for the LT my first one met it's demise by hitting a deer (Horned Rat). As soon as I was able to walk again I told Bill to order me another blue one. It was a TLE I have been very happy ever since.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts