BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some less than positive threads lately concerning the LT, so I'm posting this positive LT thread in direct response. Alright guys... name one specific thing you appreciate about your LT that hasn't already been stated in this thread. Personally, I really appreciate the wind protection this bike offers. :bmw:

·
Registered
99 Posts
no friggin vibration and cruising at 100 mph! I grew up on english bikes and to this day wonder if thats why I get tingling in my feet and hands all the time. Its like the faster you cruise the more this bike likes it.....yea I know I'm stupid...but its the truth

·
Registered
675 Posts
The fact that not every-one has one !! I could have purchased a Wing or HD and been one of the crowd but -----.
On one of my outings I had some people looking the bike over (like that doesn't happen frequently) and one guy said "damn-thats the Cadillac of bikes" ---- his buddy replied "thats almost an insult, this is the BMW of bikes". That pretty much says it all doesn't it??

·
Cat Herder
1,486 Posts
Its like the faster you cruise the more this bike likes it.....

It's true... My bike likes to cruise at 100 as well... My Volkswagen Passat was like that, the faster I drove it the better it ran and I got a lot better as milage... REALLY!!! :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello !

One thing ? then i have to say the whole package. Not just one thing on the bike.

Regards from Sweden

Ralf

·
Registered
820 Posts
I like the fact that even though the bike is a tourer, not a sports tourer, the bike seems to have a greater lean angle going thru corners then a Goldwing, i cant give lean angles specifically, but i honestly think the LT leans more.

I appreciate this as i traded two marvelously wonderful Sports Tourers in for my LT (2000 VFR800 & 2001 K1200RS)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why I appreciate the LT

I go with jorawro, not everyone has one like a Goldwing and HD. I have had a 2001 and in a 1-1/2 years put 24,000 miles on it with no problems. Now I have a 2005 with 18,000 miles with no problems to speak of. I do most all my own service so they are not high to maintain. They handle the best of any bike I have had at high speed. I have no complaint with low speed handling as long as you keep off the front brake and keep the front wheel straight when stopping and taking off.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Besides the wonderful machine itself? This web site, for all of its information, the HoW, and the folks here who are so willing to share what they know with others.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Probably the only bike I could get my wife to ride with me -- she loves the comfort. The LT is the smoothest, quietest bike I have ever ridden.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
jorawro said:
The fact that not every-one has one !! I could have purchased a Wing or HD and been one of the crowd but -----.
On one of my outings I had some people looking the bike over (like that doesn't happen frequently) and one guy said "damn-thats the Cadillac of bikes" ---- his buddy replied "thats almost an insult, this is the BMW of bikes". That pretty much says it all doesn't it??
WEll put!!:thumb:

·
Registered
857 Posts
One word: EVERYTHING!

My story is that I got my lisc last spring. I have a 78 /7 that sat for more than 3 years and all I had to do it when i got it was to change the oil and clean the carbs. It has over 93K miles. Once I was riding everyday and I mean everyday I was hooked. We bought our 05 LT on our one year wedding anniversary because well we wanted to. My wife loves the comfort and i love the way the bike handles. I never even considered any other brand.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The LT is awesome!

The LT is BMW # 5 for me, before that HD and BSA and Triumphs.

I knew I wanted an LT for a long time,
but what impressed me was:
when I told my wife to sit on it she instinctivly reached down and put her hands on the saddlebag handgrips,
when we took it for a ride she held on there, it made her feel very secure.
On my previous BMW ( K1100LT) she held on to the lugage rack behind her, or me.
What I'm trying to say is,
with her more comfortable I can lean a little harder into the curves and she's loving it.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The RIDE. :thumb:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Drove 350 miles last sat / weather conditions cold wet .
wife on the back ,says snug as a bug in a rug ,heated seats (ooooohh)
she,s got no complaints.
I could of rode the same distance again that day .
100 mph cruising ,what a machine .

Graphite

04 your 05 in Blighty

·
Registered
220 Posts
Watching people check the bike out

Another reason to love the LT:

I met my wife and In-law's at a restaurant for the mother in law's birthday after work and was sitting where I could see the bike in the parking lot.

Every person who came in or left the restaurant went to look at the bike, walk around it, show it to their family, etc.

I could almost hear them thinking "What a cool bike. I should buy one and hit the open road...". That was fun to watch.

Thanks for this post. The LT is my second bike and I ride to work practically every day. It's a great winter bike, and for me is a wonderful commuter as well as tourer.

Joe

·
Registered
105 Posts
That I can ride her real hard but it stays all smooth. The aluminium from the footpegs grinds off quite fast though :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Thought of making a similar post yesterday when I rode to Foothills BMW. Total comfort underway. Cruise is heaven. Beating traffic to the correct turn lane at the next light is eeeeasy. Totally at home in the cockpit.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts