BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far it has been utterly reliable. I love the engine on this bike especially as you pass 4 thousand RPMs. I love the solid, solid feel of it at high speeds, though it's a little unnerving to look down and see you are doing 80 instead of the 60 you thought you were doing because the bike feels so solid and sure. I love the way I can lean it into a curve and never really fear scraping anything. It leans easily and recovers easily and swerves easily. I love the brakes and am still astounded how quickly she stops. And, yes, I have engaged the ABS many times doing high speed stops for practice. The stops are always controlled and smooth and reliable. I love the comfort of riding the LT for long hours and comfort my wife feels for long hours on the bike. I love the way with with the windshield up and the wind wings out in a light rain i don't even get wet. I love how hot the grips and seat get when I use those heated features.
This is a great motorcycle and I am very glad I own one. Honestly, I wouldn't trade it for any other touring bike...but sometimes I'd like a sport bike, too, for when it's just me and I want to fly.
What do you like about your LT?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
gpolakow said:
sometimes I'd like a sport bike, too, for when it's just me and I want to fly.
If you keep it above 5K, it gives you quite a bit of the sportbike feel. Nothing better than catching some "squids" and loosing them through the curves :D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joegottberg said:
If you keep it above 5K, it gives you quite a bit of the sportbike feel. Nothing better than catching some "squids" and loosing them through the curves :D
You are right about that.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I'm really disappointed in my LT. I was kind of tipsy when I purchased mine and thought I was buying a BMW touring vehicle but found out it only had two wheels after I woke up the next morning! Life's a bitch!

Terry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts