BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I've seen that, and I think it's awesome. Last year a couple of us rode 3,600 miles, and while in Colorado, met a father and son riding from Chicago. The father, who's name I regrettably forget, was just pissed because hand surgery prevented him from riding his sport bike, and he had to trade it in on a more upright "street-fighter" style. He was 78. I hope I'm like that when I'm 78. Hell, I hope I'm like that when I'm 68!!!! Ya just got'ta love it.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That video made its rounds a couple months ago. Simply AWESOME! I loved watching it again. Although ... those guys only rode 707.74 miles in 13 days. That's a whopping 54.44 miles a day. Kinda funny when you think about it. But the bottom line is: They are STILL RIDING!!! :bike: :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm 65 and on May 1st, I leave with a buddy on a 25 day, 7,500 mile cross country trip. That will be about 300 miles a day on an LT on the super slab and other fine roads. Easy riding. But these guys averaged 81 years old. I'll cut them a lot of slack for only going a bit over 50 miles a day. Most of their peers probably thought they were nuts. They are our type of guys.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
messenger13_ver2 said:
That video made its rounds a couple months ago. Simply AWESOME! I loved watching it again. Although ... those guys only rode 707.74 miles in 13 days. That's a whopping 54.44 miles a day. Kinda funny when you think about it. But the bottom line is: They are STILL RIDING!!! :bike: :cool:
I would cut them a little slack too. I have not ridden in Taiwan, but I imagine the roads might be more challenging than in the USA. My parents are in their age bracket, and there is no way that they could do what these guys did. My hat's off to them; they have my sincere admiration.

·
Registered
63 Posts
XMagnaRider said:
I would cut them a little slack too. I have not ridden in Taiwan, but I imagine the roads might be more challenging than in the USA. My parents are in their age bracket, and there is no way that they could do what these guys did. My hat's off to them; they have my sincere admiration.
I have not been to Taiwan either but I understand the roads are pretty good. It is essentially a middle class country now. They have worked hard these last 40 years to improve their infrastructure and riding across Taiwan you are likely to see a level of roads that is up to date. This takes nothing away from that these guys achieved. I want to be riding at 81, too. I'm only 16 years away from that now!

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts