BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Nice article ... Me, I ride because it just feels so damn good!

Meese - We are all still waiting for YOUR ride report for the past month! How did the new bike do? Any service issues? How did you coordinate the bikes service whiel on the road?

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I ride because it HURTS my back so DANG MUCH!! The back is evil and must be punished! :D

I thought by riding I could retrain the muscles and they'd quit acting up, but this plan failed. :(

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,069 Posts
The two main reasons for me are, I just love being outdoors & my LT cost me at 50 mpg less than any car would.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I ride because I get good MPG, i have fun riding , i am able to split lanes and reach my destination faster and the most important reason - i grew up riding instead of driving so its more natural to me. :wave

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Nice article. I love the outdoors! Blame it on Scouting, parents, grandparents, the dog... wait I don't have a dog right now. Anyway on a bike I experience what I'm riding through. I'm a participant, not just an observer. Something very primal and cathartic about it. A day in the saddle is better than years of therapy in an office ...and cheaper too. ;) I ride because it makes my world better.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I couldn't click on the link simply because I don't need anyone telling me why I do something. That almost seems preposterous to me, on some level. I don't know why YOU ride. But I sure know why I ride. And that's good enough ... for umm ... me. ;)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
BennyBob said:
Anyway on a bike I experience what I'm riding through. I'm a participant, not just an observer. Something very primal and cathartic about it. A day in the saddle is better than years of therapy in an office ...and cheaper too. ;) I ride because it makes my world better.
And you just CAN'T get THAT in a VW Jetta! :histerica

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Whatever I save on gas, I spend on tires.

I ride bcz I love riding; so much so that I no longer own a car.

And, driving a car cross country would be way too boaring for me. Since it's fun on a bike, I wind up spending more $$ on motels, food, and gas than if I just owned a car. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be buying a new crash helmet, new summerr boots, new rain boots, new summer jacket, new summer gloves if I just had a car.

Bob

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
BecketMa said:
I ride bcz I love riding; so much so that I no longer own a car.
Yep, sold my car to get the bike.

I've got a herniated disc so riding in a car for more then 2hours hurts like hell. But sitting on a saddle i can ride all day. So I guess riding for me is like medical marijuana.

Greg

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,069 Posts
gerhard said:
You are right, my point was that riding a bike to save $$ is bogus. I enjoy riding my bike even if I have no particular destination, I drive the car because I have to get somewhere.

Gerhard
The last year I kept every receipt for my LT was 2010 & the cost per mile for everything including extra accessory's was less than 12 cents a mile. The break down is on a post somewhere here.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts