BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry you dislike your LT so much....I love mine. Yes they have their problems but show me something man made that doesn't! If you been on this site for a bit you can see the members here are more than willing to help you out in fixing almost anything on your bike. There are also several posts on how to fix or replace most anything that you are having problems with. Check with Beemer bone yard for your broken parts and the fix it before it breaks trunk latch. The later i installed on my bike, and he sells replachements for yours after it broke too! Hope that helped with your frustration over your LT.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No harm No foul...I know you are just venting over some of the same things all of us did. I like you think that BMW should back their product better but that don't look like it's gona happen. Meanwhile i fix what i can on mine or ask some of the wise men on this forum for help when i don't have a clue....... which happens a lot. ;)

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,976 Posts
hossifier said:
Even though the audio system was manufactured in New Jersey In theory, this is a high end motorcycle with a legendary badge on the side. In reality, this is a sub-par bike that is not supported worth a damn by its manufacturer, with a legendary badge on the side..
I don't think Becker Radio's are manufactured in New Jersey. Germany yes New Jersey no. If you think BMW's are sub-par try owning a high end Italian machine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most Americans have been led to believe that if it is of European or Asian heritage then it is better. As you can see, this is not always true. While I believe this is going to be a great bike for me, I accept the fact that it is a man-made machine and something will go wrong or maybe a "lemon" will slip through. Not to say that yours is a lemon but because of the badge it carries, you/we expect a lot more out of it. We've heard the horror stories of the HD's. Unreliable, oil leaks, vibration so bad you can't use your rear view mirrors. All sorts of bad news. But if you had a Harley, would you still be complaining about all the stuff that's going wrong with it? Or would you just accept it as just part of the heritage of the bike? Many of the same people who owned "unreliable" Harleys never complained but will fill two pages with complaints if it is a metric bike because more is expected of it. I hate that you're having so many problems with your LT. I just bought my LT new last September and I hope I never have to go through what you're going through. But I'd listen to the riders in this forum because they have a lot of good advice and they seem to have all sorts of remedies and information on repairs. parts, and they even have videos.
So, I hope you keep it, but if not, I'm sure most would understand.
Good luck with her in the future.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
You've come to the wrong place to complain about the Almighty LT. :rotf:

Might I suggest ANOTHER SITE ??? :histerica

OK ... carry on.

:corn: :corn: :corn:​

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
hossifier said:
Was this moderated? Did I miss something here :confused:

I love my LT, why don't you????

If you want to own a piece of machinery you will have to maintain it and accept that it is a piece of machinery. :p

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Before Hossifer punched out a deleted his post, he was kind enough to post this and then he deleted it:

hossifier has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Why do I keep this bike?! - in the K1200LT forum of BMW Luxury Touring Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60049&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Whining? Isn't this a place to discuss our Beemers, good, bad or indifferent?

Go make some more bad "Boom-Chicka-Bow-Wow" jokes and talk some more trash about "Squids". Your words quoted, not mine.
****************​

Nothing is ever erased in cyberspace. :wow:

When your first post to this forum is to complain about the LT, then yes, I consider it whining. Sorry if I offended you.

As for my rant about squids deserving tickets for pulling wheelies and doing stoppies on the highway that puts other riders and car drivers in danger, sorry if that offended you too.

As for my Boom Chick Bow Wow joke, now that was just plain funny. :D

It appears the Ragin Cajun has punched out. Oh well! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
First ever post and he's whining then wimps out and retracts his post,
guess he didn't get the sympathy he was looking for,
he could always try the dictionary,
I hear it's somewhere between.......ah never mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts