Discussion Starter #1
Who had the better bike build?

Sr.

Jr.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Jr.
but you need to show the rear of that bike. He used the actual tail lights. The goal being to emulate the look and lines of the car.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Jr's ass will be a dragg'in! :histerica

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike has a rear air shock that raise the bike off the ground once started. The bike has no side or center stand. It lowers to the ground once off. It is very impressive in action. A very big crowd pleasing sight.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I missed that show.

So did Paul Sr. design it or did Jason Pohl do the design?

Last time I watched Paul Jr. had no Jason Pohl equivalent. ( I like Jr's)

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
The show in general is simply a joke... Just a lot of forced drama and controversy to stir up and create conflict....

As far as which bike, I really don't like either one. I can sincerely appreciate the hard work and creativity that went into each, but as works of art, I really wouldn't one either one on my wall. Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

.... OH but I digress.. :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
DanDiver said:
The show in general is simply a joke... Just a lot of forced drama and controversy to stir up and create conflict....

As far as which bike, I really don't like either one. I can sincerely appreciate the hard work and creativity that went into each, but as works of art, I really wouldn't one either one on my wall. Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

I agree with Dan. The show is a waste of time, just like all the other so called "reality" shows on TV. Actually, TV has become pretty much a waste of time. Not even any good comedy on anymore. Watch the news some but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see through their bias!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Lynn_Keen said:
I agree with Dan. The show is a waste of time, just like all the other so called "reality" shows on TV. Actually, TV has become pretty much a waste of time. Not even any good comedy on anymore. Watch the news some but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see through their bias!
Well said. I also believe it to be a sad commentary on the American viewing public - that "we" find this sort of crap to be entertainment.
In defense of American Chopper, I might say that out of any given 60 minute show, there could be 10 minutes of interesting viewing. I have to admit to finding it interesting and entertaining to watch anyone take a piece of metal and turn it into something cool. And the painting can be interesting.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DanDiver said:
.... Neither are practical to ride, except to the local bar for a drink and then home to wash, and wax fro several hours....

:)
Which is probably why 75% of the buying market ride. Then the purpose of both bikes were served. And both, especially Junior's bike, will fetch well over 6 figures.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
I hope they both fetch good $$$ the money is going for a great cause. Certain special needs kids. Reminds me of some charity CCR might do.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They are both very beautiful creations.
How do you end up spleen venting about a TV show when someone asks you which of the two builders bikes you prefer :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
DanDiver said:

Agreed. Was sort of pleased when Sr. was going nuts on Jr and being a jerk and heard the show was cancelled.

Jr's bike was much better as was/his maturity

Sr. needs to get real, and grow up

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
dadicool59 said:
They are both very beautiful creations.
How do you end up spleen venting about a TV show when someone asks you which of the two builders bikes you prefer :confused:
What is "spleen venting"?

·
Registered
327 Posts
fpmlt said:
What is "spleen venting"?
“To vent one’s spleen” means “to express one’s anger,” usually in forceful terms and/or at top volume.
The spleen is, of course, one of those brave little organs nestled in the human midsection (just east of the stomach, in this case), performing those thankless tasks we don’t notice until something goes wrong and our deductible becomes relevant. The spleen’s job is to act as a sort of filter for the blood, but in medieval times, when each bodily organ was thought to be the home of one emotion or another, the spleen was regarded as the seat of melancholy (a mood we now know to reside in the wallet). There was apparently a brief period later on when the spleen was suspected, improbably, of supplying humor and good cheer, but by the late 16th century it was decided that the spleen was the source of rage and ill-temper. Thus “spleen” has for several centuries been a metaphor for “anger,” “resentment” and general crankiness.

“Vent” comes ultimately from the Latin “ventus,” meaning “wind,” and as a verb means “to emit or discharge from a confined space,” as a fan “vents” cooking fumes from a kitchen. The “vent” in “vent one’s spleen” is a metaphorical use of the verb that arose in the 17th century meaning “to relieve or unburden one’s heart or soul,” a sense we still use today (“Don’t mind me, I’m just venting”).

:wave

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
DAM! And I thought I was smart cuz I knew what "3 dog night" meant!!!

Aside from me asking, who ever thought one could learn such historical knowledge on a motorcycle site. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
DanDiver said:
Lynn_Keen said:

+2

·
Registered
56 Posts
It seems to me that Sr relies on Jason to design all this bikes, while Jr does his own designs.

Look at the relationship Sr has with the rest of his children. Disconnected from all of them. I doubt if it's the kids' fault.

I really like Jr's designs and personality. Of course, it could all be for TV.
C

·
Registered
635 Posts
fpmlt said:
Well said. I also believe it to be a sad commentary on the American viewing public - that "we" find this sort of crap to be entertainment.
In defense of American Chopper, I might say that out of any given 60 minute show, there could be 10 minutes of interesting viewing. I have to admit to finding it interesting and entertaining to watch anyone take a piece of metal and turn it into something cool. And the painting can be interesting.
+2, I just do not get the appeal of reality TV... watching other peoples lives, particularly the misery, instead of living ones own life. As for the bikes neither of them do it for me either.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I watch it. It's like watching a train wreck. Senior has very obvious and severe mental problems. Maybe the steroids, booze, and drugs destroyed too many brain cells. In addition to being both verbally and mentally abusive, he's screwed a lot of people financially over the years. He's a user. He cares about no one but himself. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of his.

And to answer the question, Junior's bike shows more creativity and captures the essence of the Caddy, so that's where my vote goes.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts