1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Absolutely hilarious ... ROTFLMAO. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Is it a good sign that baboons stole the show? :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
52 Posts
well,it is not worth a translation,belive me. but i want to know who he is and what is the gtl doing in south africa
let me know........
jürgen

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
oorty said:
well,it is not worth a translation,belive me. but i want to know who he is and what is the gtl doing in south africa
let me know........
jürgen
+1

I almost posted the same comment last night... this a weird dude that appears to be on drugs. Claims to be with the "Special Police" Certainly NOT one of Germany's finest. Why would BMW give him a bike to test??

·
Registered
596 Posts
Take a very close look at the spelling of Polizei

It is a spoof to make people think he is with the police.

·
Registered
126 Posts
oorty said:
let me know........
jürgen

No idea really, but may be just looking for warm climes to run the first production bikes?? What is the guy saying?

Got an e-mail today that the price of my Canadian gtl has been reduced by $995, got to love that! Also asked him if I can have a first run gray gtl, all of this info. I picked up on this board. Really enjoying speaking with you old bikers from all over the planet!

·
Registered
167 Posts
The press launch was in South Africa, and apparently there was also an event in Spain for European dealers. As for the location, yes, it's summer in South Africa so it's very warm there.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I use http://translate.google.com at work and sometimes for things like this - but you have to watch idoms. Also, with web text, you have to watch for weird word breaks.

Der Unter grund po li zist Cle mens Gleich ver an stal tet in Süd afrika hoch ge heime Tests des neuen BMW-Sechszylinders hin sicht lich sei ner Eig nung als Provida-Videomotorrad mit Elvis-Musik.

should be:

Der Untergrundpolizist Clemens Gleich veranstaltet in Süd afrika hoch geheime Tests des neuen BMW-Sechszylinders hinsichtlich seiner Eignung als Provida-Videomotorrad mit Elvis-Musik.

which translates directly too:

The surface policeman Clemens held equal in South African top-secret testing on the new BMW six-cylinder in terms of its suitability as Provida video motorcycle with Elvis music.

It should say the "underground policeman".

But then, "Ich bin ein Berliner" means I am a donut. But nobody laughed at Kennedy in 1961.

I thought it was pretty funny, Its been a long time since high school and college German, but he did a simple walkaround with the expected descriptions of the mirrored headlight, the air directors what are vital to life in So. Afrika's weather, and the size of the trunk space for his faux Polizei jacket.

But the critters were the best part of the video,

·
Registered
596 Posts
Exactly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to answer the question, I do.

Despite some other reactions, I think this video is rather funny.
Like the part where he explain where the speed camera etc will come, and when he point out where his female colleague will sit.

As always it is just how good you can understand the foreign language to see the fun of it.

Actually that is a bit my problem when having fun in a group, and people telling jokes, you miss the small details and not getting it all. :confused:

Translating this video would simply kill the dry humour in it.

BTW, both, English and German are not my language, I'm Dutch

BTW2 it is still possible he was thinking of these by BMW hired pillions during the Intermot show in Cologne

Regards,

Hans

·
Registered
20 Posts
oorty said:
let me know........
jürgen
So what is wrong with the GTL being in South Africa, that is what I would like to know. :mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well that's the way manufactures act these days, pick some exotic spot far away where the weather is usual good to launch the new bike and pamper at the same time the journalists, it's very hard working for them you know. :histerica :histerica

Just a little side remark what shows that on the other hand the world is pretty small.
Looking to the locations of the members on this ( for me brand new) forum shows they all over the world, but the guy you now angry on lives just some 20 miles away, on the other side of the boarder, we probable visit the same dealer east of Nordhorn. http://www.motorradzentrum-ems-vechte.de/cms/front_content.php
Hi Jürgen, if I buy one, we probable could go for a ride ??

Hans

1 - 20 of 21 Posts