BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

I have looked at a lot of posts, checked numbers, and found quite a few posts for guys that replaced O2 sensors for pre 2005 models.

I need to change the O2 sensor, because of the drop in miles per gallon ( from 47mpg to around 32-35mpg).

I still can't find the numbers for the 2005 O2 sensor ( Bosch or Lambda).
The BMW number is: 11787671757 for 2005.
The number for pre 2005 is: 11781742051.

Looking at the parts, they look the same!!

I was going to order one from Napa ( BSH 15109) but I was told this might not be right for the 2005 model.

I need to get this ordered soon ( trip middle of May) but can't seem to find the right numbers to order.

Any suggestions??

I don't want to cut and splice, I can always tie the extra cable to the frame, somewhere.

Thanks in advance,
Bowdon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mugszy said:
11787671757 is wahat is indicated here

http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51715

hope this helps...

Mugz
Mugz;

Thanks, but I have that number. Looking for a Bosch or Lambda number so I can get this here, or have it shipped from the US. I don't want to pay the stealer price, and have read some guys have picked up a O2 sensor from auto parts store. This is what I am looking to do!!!
Just got to make sure of the Bosch or Lambda number for this year!!

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys;

Can't believe I am the only one that needs to or has changed the O2 sensor on a 2005 or later LT!!!

Need to do this soon, because of the poor gas millage.

Regards,
Bowdon

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I doubt there is a difference between the '03 and '05. I used Bosch 13475 from Autozone
on my '03 last year. About $94. If you go to autozone.com and search on 13475 the picture is exactly what I got. The connector is under the seat to the left.

Dan Martin

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DanMartin said:
I doubt there is a difference between the '03 and '05. I used Bosch 13475 from Autozone
on my '03 last year. About $94. If you go to autozone.com and search on 13475 the picture is exactly what I got. The connector is under the seat to the left.

Dan Martin
Dan Martin;

Is it a plug and play? no splicing?

If you look at the bmw numbers, it shows a different number. I would think they should be the same, but you never know
up to 2004: 11781742051.
2005 and up: 11787671757
Hopefully its a number change only!!
Thanks,
Bowdon

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
bowdon said:
Dan Martin;

Is it a plug and play? no splicing?

If you look at the bmw numbers, it shows a different number. I would think they should be the same, but you never know
up to 2004: 11781742051.
2005 and up: 11787671757
Hopefully its a number change only!!
Thanks,
Bowdon
Absolutely,couldn't be easier. Hardest thing was getting the threads to engage.

dan

·
Registered
88 Posts
I believe the difference is the length of the sensor. The 05 exhaust is larger in diameter (for better flow with new cams) so the sensor would need to be longer to be positioned correctly. You should still be able to find one at an auto parts store.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
capnpawkee said:
I believe the difference is the length of the sensor. The 05 exhaust is larger in diameter (for better flow with new cams) so the sensor would need to be longer to be positioned correctly. You should still be able to find one at an auto parts store.
Thanks capnpawkee.

But I would still need the number of the sensor. Only number I have is the BMW number 11787671757. I don't have the correct Bosch or Lambda number to check the auto parts stores. This is the one I need to see who and where I could get the o2 sensor.
So far the only number I got was Bosch 13475.

Do you know the proper number for the the 2005 model??

Regards,
Bowdon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts