BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They say that a New Year's Day ride guarantees smooth sailing for the rest of the year! Ended up with about 14 people, on what started out as a chilly morning (31 degrees out of the barn, in the foothills), and developed into merely "dreary" by day's end (low 40's, but Pillion didn't even complain; she's getting tougher).

A great time was had by all, including a nice lunch at Wimpy's on the river, south of Sacramento. We saw a lot of bikes on the Delta - as well as the CHP out in force.

Attachments

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Had a nice ride with the GCDSR. Had about 25 bikes. Started foggy but was sunny and in the 60's in Middletown for lunch:)

Michele and Duc where nice enough to haul two big carafes of coffee in their Jesse bags to share. Was a nice treat:D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
GDCSR? Gigantic Dirt Cycles Seeking Rattlesnakes? :p

Yeah, we got a few couples in EXR now with those strontium chloride containment cells mounted on the back too. Only makes sense that spent reactor fuel would keep a couple pots of coffee nice and warm! :D

Happy New Year and Safe Travel to all in 2009 no matter the make, club, or preferred riding surfaces. Arrive alive, take pictures, tell us all about it! :cool:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
I'm still getting a chuckle out of the 12GS Coffee Cart:D

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Tom Lash..., myself and about 25 of our closest friends rode up to "Alice's Restaurant" above Woodside for breakfast. It was one cold, wet and slick ride, but well worth it to welcome in the new year.

Happy New Year to all, and I hope we'll have a chance to meet up for some closer HDDC dinners in the New Year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts