BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through January's on-line copy of Back Roads Magazine and I came across an article written by someone who attended a couple of rallys last year. There is a picture of someone changing their final drive and several people assisting. The magazine itself is a great read. I was introduced to it while visiting Morton's BMW a couple of years ago.

If you would like to check out the article regarding the CCR or view the picture follow this link:BackRoads Magazine Jan 2011
The article begins on page 50 and the picture is on page 52.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Chad,
Copied from the thread started by Larry R. page 2 of the CCR section:

"Bill and Cindi Pester limped their 2005 LT into Killington with a blown final drive for the last 16 miles."

Jeff from Myrtle Beach lost his on the way home. Any others I've forgotten?

I see you moved from VA to NY. How much snow did you get? Oops. Sorry. Bet that's a sore spot, huh? :wave

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lee,

We only have 30 inches of snow on the ground, but the roads are relatively clear. If I could bring myself to attempt the ride across my snow coated driveway and 100 yards of ice/snow covered roadway in my neighborhood, I would be out riding today. 'Tickets' never had to sit this long when I lived in Virginia. She doesn't like it. I started her up this morning after attaching a charger overnight and she just spewed blue smoke for 20 minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts