BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When reading a thread in linear mode how does one determine who a given post is a reply to? On the old system (I'm sure you're all tired of hearing that phrase!) it was easy to tell because the user name was embedded in the border of the reply window with a link back to the original post. The only way I can tell on this system is to toggle back to threaded or hybrid mode and look at the structure. That's really inefficient.

BTW: you guys are doing a great job (if this full time now? :eek: ) with all the issues and questions raised by us users.:confused:

Cheers!

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Linear mode is just like Flat mode in the old system. There was no way to tell who it was to/from. You can switch to threaded to see who it is to/from

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Yeah, that is one thing that is not quite as nice as we would like, but not all that bad to overcome.

I read the old list in "past 24 hour" format, and that was probably the easiest for me.

I do like the way the Delphi Forums work on the Motorcycle Tourer's Forum, in that when in flat mode, each post has in it's upper right "in reply to" with a post number, clicking on that takes you to that post.

There is no perfect system out there though, every one has had some disadvantage when compared to another.

For the most part though, this new one is pretty darned good! :D Just about anything is there, just takes a little "clicking" to get to it.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eljeffe - I don't think that's right. :eek:

Attached is an example of what I remember as the flat mode in the old system...

The red arrow is pointing at the login of the person who made the original post. That was also a hyperlink that opened a new window containing the original post.

It would be really nice for those of us who can only think in linear or flat mode to be able to have this functionality. :eek:

Can you note this as a "nice to have" user request?

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
One thing that is not quite at nice as it should be for me:

I have my options set for "Linear Mode, Newest posts first" so the newer posts are at top, and do not require me to scroll down far to see the last post read.

If I click the thread mode to "hybrid", in order to see the thread mode, it switches to oldest post first, with no option to change that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts