BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I followed a Blue LT riding 2 up with an 'I Love Delta Diner' bumper sticker into Sault Ste. Marie on Sunday. First thanks for coming along when you did keeping up with you re-energized my ride, I was starting to get a bit droopy :) . Second hope you didn't take offence I stopped following you but I thought one more lap around town before crossing the border would have me stopping for gas, I was running close to vapors.

·
King of the Castle
184 Posts
That was me and my wife Stacy. I took a wrong turn and missed the bridge. My stupid GPS was directing my the wrong way but I do like her voice. We were on the way to Mackinaw city for the night.

Bruce

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
lanugo said:
That was me and my wife Stacy. I took a wrong turn and missed the bridge. My stupid GPS was directing my the wrong way but I do like her voice. We were on the way to Mackinaw city for the night.

Bruce
Only a guy from Arkansas could come up with that excuse. :wave

·
King of the Castle
184 Posts
Hey Steve we're really enjoying the photo site! And yes the lady in my Garmin has been a loyal friend for years. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
lanugo said:
... And yes the lady in my Garmin has been a loyal friend for years. :rotf:
That bi*ch has been two timing me with you?!? I'm chapped.

·
Registered
24 Posts
lanugo said:
Hey Steve we're really enjoying the photo site! And yes the lady in my Garmin has been a loyal friend for years. :rotf:
I traded standard Garmin Lady in for the English accent. Seemed more European and appropriate for the Beemer. :bmw:

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Dbl_d said:
I traded standard Garmin Lady in for the English accent. Seemed more European and appropriate for the Beemer. :bmw:
We just did the same thing a few weeks ago. After 3-4 years of the standard female American voice we switched to the British female voice. Other than learning some new terminology ("take slip road on right...") it's been a good change. I have tinnitus in one ear and some high-frequency hearing loss in both ears; for some reason the Brit voice is easier to understand.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,182 Posts
tvguy said:
Be careful of that British Babe.
and she sounds very snooty!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Since I live with a british gal, I have set my TomTom to a generic sounding gay guy... that way I can not be accused of a wandering ear :p

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
hschisler said:
but it's a classy, stiff-upper-lipped snootiness. :D
Last year, the English lady I call "Mrs. Peel," directed me to the city of Bo-ize. And this year she wanted me to turn on Michi'gin street. She's funny, and that's why I like her! :)

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
The American female voice ASKS ME if I want to recalculate when I go off-route. The British voice TELLS ME she is going to recalculate... although she doesn't actually do it until I give consent. Those wacky Brits... :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
lanugo said:
I'd say you are the loyal one to keep following her misdirections for years. You one of those who go around saying "Beat me. Tease me. Make me write bad checks"? :lol8:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.