BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned the 24K service my previous owner had done before I bought it did not include the coolant, brake, and clutch flush! So, it sounds like I need to take everything apart again and do those items. While I'm in there, what else should I do?
K12LT with 23k miles!

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
joevano said:
I just learned the 24K service my previous owner had done before I bought it did not include the coolant, brake, and clutch flush! So, it sounds like I need to take everything apart again and do those items. While I'm in there, what else should I do?
K12LT with 23k miles!
Were the fuel & air filters changed?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, those were done! That amazes me, for $800+ they did air filter, fuel filter, valve adjust, but no fluids, not even oils!

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
joevano said:
Yes, those were done! That amazes me, for $800+ they did air filter, fuel filter, valve adjust, but no fluids, not even oils!
No excuse but actually the fluids are easy. You have to pull the tupperware and gas tank off to get to the gas (inside the tank) and air filters (under the tank)---lotsa labor.
Go to CLICK FOR Lube Oils and here for ABS Flush if you have an 02 or later for ABS.

Another good source for maintenance are the Paul Sayegh Videos I bought a set last year and even for removing the wheels for tire changes he gives step-by-step directions.
Polish up your wrenches! :eek:

·
Registered
493 Posts
joevano said:
Really not that unusual if the owner did the fluids themselves and had the dealer do the rest of the services. The items you mentioned - coolant, brake and clutch fluids - are part of the annual services, not the mileage based services. If you went in and asked for a 24K, those would not be done. However, the dealer would have to be specifically asked not to do the engine, trans and rear oils. Can't tell you what the situation was there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts