BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bike is stashed at my brothers house
gave him my tender he plugged it into the passenger heated vest outlet.and with the igntion in the off
postion the radio came on and had to be shut off at the radio controls.
had trouble with left speakers last season. i had the top box off a few hundred miles before stereo issue

thoughts ?? pinched wire ?:(

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
If the key was just one click to the left from the run position the radio will work.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I thought the passenger outlet was switched. I plug into the outlet down by the left foot peg.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I thought the passenger outlet was switched. I plug into the outlet down by the left foot peg.
You are correct. That outlet is tied to fuse F8 and is not hot unless the key is on , but the radio is also tied to fuse F8 so the charger triggered the radio to come on as if the key had been turned on.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My 2001 LT radio is live with the key off. And the passenger plug is too. I have not modified it ??? I charge the battery thru the passenger plug, but it's never triggered the radio.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,981 Posts
My 2001 LT radio is live with the key off. And the passenger plug is too. I have not modified it ??? I charge the battery thru the passenger plug, but it's never triggered the radio.
The key ignition switch has 4 positions what position is it in when you charge it ?.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On my 2002 LT the radio is independent of the key.

I.E. The radio can be turned on irrespective of the key/fob position. Which is quite useful when working in the garage.

But - a mistaken brush of the radio pad can lead to a flat battery.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The key ignition switch has 4 positions what position is it in when you charge it ?.
It's off. The first counterclockwise click from normal on running.

·
Registered
323 Posts
On my 2002 LT the radio is independent of the key.

I.E. The radio can be turned on irrespective of the key/fob position. Which is quite useful when working in the garage.

But - a mistaken brush of the radio pad can lead to a flat battery.
+1!!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
It's off. The first counterclockwise click from normal on running.
That position is what is referred to as the "accessory" position on a car. The radio should come on there. I usually park in the garage or on the trailer with the key 1/4 turn left of that position. The key will not come out but the electrics are fully off there just as if you locked the forks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts