BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just bought a BMW tang bag from Dick and would buy the Super Mini by Tour Master if I was to buy it again. The bag I got from Dick was great, but after just a few rides, I have found the single storage space not that great. The Super Mini by Tour Master looks a lot better and better organized. For example the top opens and stays open while my BMW bag just kind of lays their.

If the Super Mini by Tour Master attaches like the BMW tang bag, that would be my choice. I like the way my BMW tang bag attaches. Very easy to pop off and put in my trunk if needed.

Note: I ask the same question about a month ago and recieved tons of good advice. http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11237

My 2 cents
Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
Have a large RKA Rank bag up for grabs if interested..

·
Registered
76 Posts
WHICH tank bag???

After trying 2 different tank bags, My vote goes to Chicane for the specific LT Canyon tank bag, Best I have seen. Have not heard of an owner of the Chicane that was unhappy with this tank bag. I just ordered my third Chicane product yesterday. I am a happy customer.

Mirage

·
Registered
76 Posts
Chicane

Chicane
BMW K1200LT Canyon EX specific bag. His brother rides an LT and the picture of the Canyon tank bag on his website is a close picture of the LT specific tank bag.

Mirage

·
Registered
236 Posts
closing the oddaments lid

I just received and put the Chicane bag on the LT but for the life of me I cannot get the oddaments lid to latch with the chicane loop attached. What am I missing?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I had the same problem, at first. What you are probably doing is accidentally pressing the open button as you mash down on the bag. Just be careful to press hard on the botton edge of the bag and not any pressure on the button. After I realized what I was doing there are few times it doesn't latch properly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Notches

Actually, I read on another thread where some had cut out two notches where the loop comes up against the plastic edge while it's wrapped around the latch. That will allow the lid to close properly.

Hope that helps.

Ward

·
Registered
797 Posts
I had the BMW bag, which while functional, did not hold much. It did allow the use of the top box but I seldom ever used it. It did have good lines to match the bike.

I purchased a Super Mini at the insistence of a fellow rider and have used it quite a bit. I like the size and it allows (with conditions) lock to lock use of the handlebars. The only negative I have for it is the lack of immediate access to the top box - which is unnecessary with the bag on the bike anyway.

I also purchased the LT specific Chicane bag. It will be nice on my next Iron Butt ride because of the water bladder capability and room for my junk food, but I don't think I will ever use it on a casual ride because of the width. My cup holder hits it pretty hard in a turn and the right handlebar hits it also. I do like the expendability of the Chicane and the built in rain cover.

·
Premium Member
1,882 Posts
ST1100 tank bag -
miles bigger then all mentioned so far
doesnt interfere with stering or handling
you can still use the radio buttons
key point with it though is keep it full

1 - 14 of 14 Posts