BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I am fairly new to this site and my LT as well: 5 weeks and only 2100 miles.

I have long wanted a GPS on my bikes and I am ready for the leap. Have the OEM in my car. I see many here have the Marine model 276C or the 376C. Like the waterproof feature but it seems short on road nav capabilities. Is this true?

What about the new 2070?

Like the screen size on the Mags 760 but I don't get a good feeling about this brand/model.

Please help!

Much appreciated

Steve Heinzer
Bloomington, MN
2005 LT

Thanks

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I too thought that 276/376 series would be somewhat lacking in the road nav department. Not the case at all. I've got the original SPIII Deluxe mounted on my LT at the maplight and bought a 2610 last year for the GS & car. I really really like the touch screen on the 2610 and the ability to spell your desintations (vs. using the four way rocker button to march through the alphabet), and I really like the Compact Flash memory card on the 2610. I bought the 376c cause I'm a geek and just had to have the XM radio and weather. Wasn't sure how I would like it. I like it a lot. The screen is the best of all of them and is very visible in the daylight. The XM radio integration is nice and allows you to reduce clutter on your bike. The weather is pretty cool.

So...? Which is best? I'm leaning towards the 376c.

:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tom Tom

I want to see the Tom Tom rider when it comes out,from what I've read it sounds like what I've been waiting for. Check it out. tomtom.com
Dave in Reno

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will okay. I take a look at the Tom Tom.

I do like the 376C screen and its water resistance so I'll research that one more.

Much appreciated

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts