BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running NGK DCPR7EIX #6046 in my 2002 LT. Now with my 2009 LT I was going to buy the same NGK's that I used on my 02. However, all the sites that come up selling the NGK's ask to check for fitting and they say it won't fit an 09 LT.
The only NGK plug that said would fit was the NGK (7803) DPR7EIX-9 Iridium IX Spark Plug.
I thought all years of LT's used the same plugs?????

So my next question is are others using the NGK (7803) DPR7EIX-9 Iridium IX Spark Plug???
Cheers,

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Take one out of your bike, write the number down, take it to your local auto store, and have them cross reference all the available types of plugs that are available. I am sure that it would be valuable info for the site as more people buy used 09,s down the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I installed the DPR7EIX-9 Iridium's today on my 2005 that has 21000 miles on it. The original plugs were still in the bike. They old ones didn't look to bad but I could certainly notice a huge difference in everything from starting the bike to the throttle response.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, I will pull the original plugs out and have the auto store do a cross reference. I still have my old plugs out of my 02 in the garage. Sure will be funny if the the 02 Bosch plugs are the same plugs in my 09.....

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
+1 on the Iridiums in my '05. Would be surprised if different for your '09.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,781 Posts
BMW made no changes for the spark plugs on the LT XR7LDC for the entire production run. That does not stop the after market from making a "new" one for any model year they choose. Caveat Emptor.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The NGK DPR7EIX and the NGK DCPR7EIX only differ in the size of the hex with the DPR being 18mm and the DCPR being 16mm across the flats. The construction, thread size, firing end and heat range are exactly the same for both. The last digit (-9) indicates the factory set plug gap, in this case 0.9mm. No digit means the gap is factory set to 0.7-0.8mm for motorcycle plugs and 0.8-0.9mm for car plugs.

If the DPR7EIX fits, the DCPR7EIX will too since its hex and therefore the diameter of the spark plug wrench is smaller.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andres said:
The NGK DPR7EIX and the NGK DCPR7EIX only differ in the size of the hex with the DPR being 18mm and the DCPR being 16mm across the flats. The construction, thread size, firing end and heat range are exactly the same for both. The last digit (-9) indicates the factory set plug gap, in this case 0.9mm. No digit means the gap is factory set to 0.7-0.8mm for motorcycle plugs and 0.8-0.9mm for car plugs.

If the DPR7EIX fits, the DCPR7EIX will too since its hex and therefore the diameter of the spark plug wrench is smaller.

Andre, thanks for posting the information regarding the difference between the plugs...:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
You might also want to look into the DENSO IX22B, (Stock #5375). These will also gap at
.9mm. I tried them in my '05 & am very pleased. You can search on Denso Iridium Power;
there is a fitment chart to cover BMW bikes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts