BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know, there are tons of individual threads on Antenna's and CB's out there and depending on the System, BC1, BC3, Voice 1, II. It seems everything I have read is contradictory between systems and problems abound.

I have the VOICE II

I tried to connect the Midland 75-822 and have found that the PTT that BMW provides will not work with the Midland out of the box. I did have someone tell me that it may be able to be donme usinga relay and Midland themselves (Tech support) sent me a schematic of the radio and said it probably would work. The issue is that they use some sort of reverse polarity and a "connect to ground" to complete the Transmit segment. Everything else worked great and it really is ashame as it would have been a good alternative. I have attached the schematic for anyone that would find it helpful and wanted it available to everyone.

Sooooo, Can I ask, those with the VOICE II and a CB. Is the only brand that will work with this (integrate) the J&M and should I get the lower cords as a swap with the dealer when I purchase the unit or are there other choices? Please jump in with your suggestions. Also, If J&M is the only viable option do we need the BMW branded or will the standard J&M fit the bill so to speak?

I have not seen a price for the BMW branded but think I have heard 499+ from what I have gathered going through the threads.

Thanks
-Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Cb

Looks like you're on the right road and it should work but the problem I have with those small cheap cb's is that they don't keep the channel and then changing channels is a pain. You can use the handle bar one from J&M or the same one from BMW, same thing except that the one from BMW has their name and supplies the wiring for hook up. I tend to prefer the the handle bar mount over the one that goes in the comm box. In the end it's all about money so the choice is yours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts