BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to purchase a 2000 LT Trike (Hannigan) (I sold my 2001) - with no intercom. I called autocom and they are no longer going to be the US distributor and they do not have all the parts in stock. The trike converter is a J&M dealer but says he is not sure what will work with the 2000 LT. I need an intercom, I want to be able to hear the bike's radio and CD. I also want to hook up my Zumo 550 with XM and I would like to be able to use my cell phone. We have in-ear speakers. I do not know enough about Blue Tooth to know whether I want it or not.

Autocom said I need the Super Pro kit, Headset extensions (1188), and parts 1314 for Zumo, 1319 and 1321 for the bike's radio. But they don't have everything. Do you think these parts are availble through dealers? Is this all I need?

Is there some trick to an intercom for 2000 LT? I am not tied to Autocom or J&M. I am starting with a clean slate here. The benefit of your experience would be appreciated.

Bob

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Except for Baehr Communications, which is the easiest but most expensive unit, all the other units require you to do some extra work to get an intercom system on your bike. If AutoCom says they are going out of business then I would leave them alone unless you can by a complete used system from some one. Other options you have are Starcom One, Intaride, AKE Communications and J&M Communications just to name a few.

Raffyk sells the Baehr unit at MotoGear4You and or David Falkenstein at Cohesive Technology sells the AKE units.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
We use the Starcom, but run the radio, et al, through it by tapping into the rear speakers. We run the ipod through the radio's AUX input, but you can also go direct to the Starcom.

·
Registered
624 Posts
See if beemerboneyard.com has a BMW com. It drops right in, has all the right plugs, and will work with the stock controls.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Autocom is not going out of business, Top gear is going out, I have most of the parts your are looking for. Kieth 918-446-2245

1 - 6 of 6 Posts