BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is duplicative, but my search of the forums didn't help me find the answer to this question.

I would like to mount various gadgets on my new (2001) LT (amateur radio, iPod, gps, etc) and have been trying to decide on the best shelf for them. I've located the RCU and BMR products. How should I decide between them, or is there another I have not yet discovered? Is one the recognized must-have? Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Looks like the one which came on my bike is the BMR unit. Very nice and handy.

Tom

·
Registered
654 Posts
I second the BMR shelf. Lots of different arms, and it works as a good sun screen for your gages.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I went with the BMR primarily because I didn't know how crazy I would get adding farkles. With the accessory arm options it is quite expandable. It is a solid quality built product and it was not difficult to install, once I got over the idea of drilling holes in the dash cowl ;). They also make a number of different mounts for a variety of popular gps units and for a few other devices.

I am sure the RCU shelf is good quality product too or it wouldn't be recommended by this forum. It is about $16 less expensive ($89) than the BMR but either one is a bargain as far as I am concerned. I know there are a number of people that have had the time and talent to build their own , I just don't happen to be one of them.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Personally, the looks alone of the BMR shelf are worth the small difference in price. I've never ridden an LT with the other brand shelf to compare stability first hand, but my BMR shelf seems very stable. My little wind deflector vibrates more than the shelf.

I found the folks at BMR Products to be responsive and polite. I like supporting vendors that give good service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bmr

I just put the BMR bracket on my 2000 lt.. I love it.. I will go take a picture and post it ASAP... BMR also had great customer service.. I ordered the wrong Sun Visor for my Satellite Radio and they sent me on ( at no charge) and just asked me to send the incorrect one back as soon as I had time.. I am a big BMR fan..
Scott

·
Registered
312 Posts
Close up photo

Pete;
I will be installing my co-pilot this Saturday (if I can get the nerve up to drill holes in a new bike!), and can email you some close up photos.

Send me an email if you would like them. [email protected]

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts