BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to purchase a Chicane Tankbag for my LT for an upcoming trip. I just get an answering machine at their number and an email I sent came back as undeliverable. Does anyone know where I can find one in stock?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
You left a message, so the best thing to do is try to be patient. Randy should be calling you back soon.

When are you leaving on the trip? ...and to where?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. I'm leaving Round Mountain, NV on October 14th and riding to Northwest Arkansas. I'm hoping to take US 50 across most of the way, if the weather and road conditions permit. If not I'll have to settle for I40.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been trying to contact then for the past two weeks, emails and phone calls. No response. Have a problem with my tank bag...Great to see customer service rates real high with them..
Best
Glenn

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got hold of Randy. He's in Japan. The contact email link on the website is incorrect. It says [email protected] instead of [email protected]. That's why my first email came back as undeliverable. I let him know about the incorrect email address link. I tried the latter email address on a guess and that's how I got through to him. He had me send back my info and he'll have them ship me a bag from the warehouse.

·
Registered
56 Posts
DarrellM5 said:
I'm trying to purchase a Chicane Tankbag for my LT for an upcoming trip. I just get an answering machine at their number and an email I sent came back as undeliverable. Does anyone know where I can find one in stock?
Thanks
Not sure what price you found but the local BMW shop in KC has the Chicane tank bags for $109 if I recall. I looked around but didn't find any and on the day prior to my recent trip I bit the bullet and paid the dealer. It maybe high but it is a great bag and was worth every penny, even if I it tossed in alot of extra ones :) to the dealer.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
Pretty sure that's about the going rate. I think I paid $120 WITH shipping, directly from Chicane. But like you said, worth every penny.

·
Registered
474 Posts
From my experience you need about 1 year to get one. I ended up with a Tour Master bag. I would have really preferred the Chicane but just couldn't wait any longer. I seem to remember that someone had a used one posted earlier.

Maybe Randy is in Japan trying to figure out how to improve his production or something. I hope so because they seem to have some good stuff. Just hard to get.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It only took me 3 months, but now that I've gotten the bag it was worth the wait. I've been very impressed with the quality and fit.

Keith

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
artk50 said:
From my experience you need about 1 year to get one.
I wanted the tankbag, I paid for it at CCR'04 and it arrived 2 days after I got home.

I wanted their rank bag, went to the BMW MOC rally in Lima, OH and bought one on the spot.

C'mon guys! We're LD'ers, right?! Maybe it's time to stop sitting around waiting for things to come to us . . . and for us to GO AFTER WHAT WE WANT!!!

(And that doesn't merely apply to just tankbags!)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got another email from Randy saying that BMW of Las Vegas carries them and that I might want to try them first. I called them today and they're sending me one. Here's their link, although it doesn't show that they carry Chicane on their website.
www.bmwoflasvegas.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts