BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flying my twin daughters to Birmingham next Thursday, then driving a rental to the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa where they will spend the next 3-4 years. I will be flying back alone (and sad) the following Monday.
Any recommendations for good restaurants, BBQ joints, or things to see while I am in Tuscaloosa?

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Don Norwood should be all over this one! Some of his Alabama "Cronies" may chime in but it may be a hard decision; do we go to McDonald's or to Arby's?:histerica

Good luck and have a safe trip.:D

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don Norwood should be all over this one! Some of his Alabama "Cronies" may chime in but it may be a hard decision; do we go to McDonald's or to Arby's?:histerica

Good luck and have a safe trip.:D
Merci!:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
If you have time the Barber Motorcycle museum in Leeds near B'ham is a must see. At least a dozen BMW's in the collection.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a few BBQ places around Tuscaloosa, and Il post info on ethe one I liked best when I get home.
Didn't have a chance to visit the Barber museum, however there are a couple of bikes on display at the Birmingham airport, an early single cylinder developing a whopping 4,5 HP Harley Davidson, belt driven. Also a 2005 racing Suzuki. It was a nice break from running around and rushing to the airport after returning the rental Hunday.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts