BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have the option of removing the top case and have seen the Fort Worth Rack and would like to find one. Any ideas or pointers would be great on where to find one.

·
Registered
550 Posts
You can find them at www.ascycles.com
That is where I got mine. Great place and fast shipping!
They are also a supporting member of this site. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks GolfGuy. Went to site and bought it. Thanks again

·
Registered
550 Posts
You will Love how easy it is to put on and take off.
And....You will Love the look! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am getting a frend of mine to make these and then I am going to have mine anodized blk to mach my bike ,after all is said and done I will know how much to make , then will post for anyone intrested , its my understanding that the co. that made these went under , looking to be able to not only use the handle but also a back pad for the passenger, what do you think?

·
Registered
659 Posts
nascar0699 said:
I am getting a frend of mine to make these and then I am going to have mine anodized blk to mach my bike ,after all is said and done I will know how much to make , then will post for anyone intrested , its my understanding that the co. that made these went under , looking to be able to not only use the handle but also a back pad for the passenger, what do you think?
I think there could be a fairly good demand for these...especially if the price was reasonable.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Backup makes a backrest that mounts to the rear deck in the holes for the top box. I wish I could combine it with my FT. Worth rack.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Has anyone put any backrest with the Fort Worth rack? I'd love to have that!

·
Registered
323 Posts
About two years ago I bought a Fort Worth rack from a previous owner off either this site or ebay, I'm not sure but I believe it was ebay. The previous owner had a Back Up back rest professionally installed to the rack and had the whole thing chromed. The installation was done in such a way that it looks like it was all a Fort Worth product. I paid what I thought was top premium for it but when it arrived here I could see the quality and workmanship that went into it. I installed in on the LT and, as they say, the rest is history. My wife really loves it. For her it's either the back rest or the top box or she doesn't ride. Works good for me!!

It's been a while since I looked at the attachment method closely but it is done with chromed Allen bolts countersunk up through the underside of the rack and threaded into the bottom edge of the backrest. The attachment point is really solid and the backrest still has the spring loaded feature of the Back Up back rest.

If you require more details let me know and I will try to post pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,876 Posts
I had the rack and loved the way the "new" bike seemed to handle. I just got addicted to the top case and felt that the improvement in handling did not out weight the storage. Wish there was a way to have both! Bike seems to be so much more agile without the top case.......

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm trying to get the guys at Pirates' Lair to make one. They have a line of Stealth Backrests for other BMW's. See their line at http://piratesk12site.net/

·
Registered
637 Posts
dandiver said:
I had the rack and loved the way the "new" bike seemed to handle. I just got addicted to the top case and felt that the improvement in handling did not out weight the storage. Wish there was a way to have both! Bike seems to be so much more agile without the top case.......
That will be my Farkle next winter and I am sure you`d gonna iike it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts