BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By every blurb I've read on the subject the current boxer will not meet the 2012 Euro emissions. Mules have been sighted on the prowl all over, and with the expectation this will arrive as a 2012 model, I'm wondering where all the buzz is?

Personally, with a reported 125hp, new trans, FD, I am more excited about this bike than the 1600.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I agree, this new bike may get more RT riders off the dime to upgrade than 1600 will for K bike riders. I am sure it will have a few more lbs, hopefully only 20 or 30 but it will be very interesting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
eng943 said:
By every blurb I've read on the subject the current boxer will not meet the 2012 Euro emissions. Mules have been sighted on the prowl all over, and with the expectation this will arrive as a 2012 model, I'm wondering where all the buzz is?

Personally, with a reported 125hp, new trans, FD, I am more excited about this bike than the 1600.

Call me odd, but I purchased my 2011 R1200RT based on the knowledge that the liquid cooled bike will probably (as rumored) be a 2012. My last 22 bikes were water cooled and all of them performed magnificently. I've had Yamahas, Hondas, you name it , I'm kind of a bike nut.
I rode the R1200RT and fell in love with the motor. Barring any major mishaps , I hope this bike is my last. The charisma and sounds this engine has could never be duplicated in a water cooled bike. Ever. To me this is the perfect motorcycle. :bowdown: It oozes nostalgia, engineering marvels and modern technology and yet still attaches me to the pure core of motorcycling. It wont overheat even when its 100 degrees outside , performs flawlessly and everytime I blip the throttle it emits a tone that is unmatched.
Yeah I'm hooked. The water cooled bike is probably going to be great. The 1600 looks awesome. However I think the upcoming water cooled bike is not getting a ton of buzz primarily because its the end of the road. Purely the end of an era and one that more than a few of us dont want to let go. :)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Well put. I have loved the air cooled twin since I was a kid with pictures of an R69S on my wall just waiting until I was old enough to have one. Heading out in the morning on the twin can not be improved on for me. But we tend to think that the technology level we have bought into is the best and the new stuff is questionable. I recognize that. Lucky, we can all choose right now what level we are comfortable with and enjoy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'll bet a dime and a dollar there will be a considerable rise in the price of pre owned, air cooled boxers when the water cooled comes out---at least for a while.
Dave

·
Registered
616 Posts
It will add a circuit to worry about. I can do without water cooling!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm looking forward to trying one out. I'd be up for a new bike about 2013
RT with some of the toys of the K16, a few more horses and torques. That'll do me.
(can I have the paddle indicators tho?)
\v/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts