BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made it from Myrtle Beach SC to Dayton OH today with a side trip to visit my son at Va Tech. Had one guy in West Virginia in a Rover giving me all sorts of thumbs up and pointing to himself, I figure he must have been an LT rider who couldn't make it to CCR. Will watch for Lee in a rented Neon :p

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,068 Posts
jeffklt said:
I Will watch for Lee in a rented Neon :p
It's not a Neon. His SO lined him up with a rental car from (rent a jalopy) he is in a Yugo :histerica . We had to beat some clearance in the roof for his head this morning before he left. :D The last I heard from Lee is his neck is more sore than his back. What a way to solve a back problem. ;) BTY Lee have fun at CCR.

·
Premium Member
1,526 Posts
It's not a Neon. His SO lined him up with a rental car from (rent a jalopy) he is in a Yugo :histerica ....

Lee, watch that Yugo on the Mackinaw bridge. A Yugo is the only car that has been blowen off the Might Mack.:wave

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Should have cut a hole in the roof so his head could stick out. Then he would have had to deal with bugs though.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Youse (notice how I use the correct plural due to where I am?) guys are all heart! The Yugo did pretty well today. I only had to get out and push 10 times. The rest of the trip, the cable and hook on the bumper of a truck kept me moving along. :histerica I plan to get up early tomorrow morning and I expect to make it to Mooresville by mid-afternoon! At this rate, I'll make Duluth sometime around Christmas 2014. The bald tires should behave just like skis so snow shouldn't be a problem. :rotf:

I'm actually in Flint, MI. Made pretty good time today. More traffic than I expected, but no back-ups anywhere. I'm planning to see the Mackinac Bridge Museum tomorrow and have picked up a couple brochures for things that might be worth seeing as well.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Glad you are safe. Make sure the hotel door is locked, and don't open it if you hear banjo's playing in the hallway. Unless........

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Do they play banjos this far north? I have no idea. Door is locked. Anyone knocking can be shot through the door and I'll let them examine the bullet.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave, Dave Dave...now I can't get the picture out of my head of Lee with his head out the top of a Yugo with his full face on...oh if I knew how to photoshop. I am in Tomah Wisconsin this evening. Went through torrential rains today coming up the Mississippi and found out my boots are water proof from the inside too. Somehow I managed to have water running down my legs into the boots and ended up ankle deep inside for about an hour till I stopped and dumped them. The river road was great but the tar snakes got a little squirrelly in the rain. Will stop to visit family in Eau Claire then on to Duluth tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
7,876 Posts
Remember that scene in "Moonraker" where Jaws (Richard Kiel) is driving this tiny car while looking out through the sunroof? That's the image I'm getting right now. :rotf:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
hschisler said:
Remember that scene in "Moonraker" where Jaws (Richard Kiel) is driving this tiny car while looking out through the sunroof? That's the image I'm getting right now. :rotf:
Wrong for SO many reasons! Not saying it is not funny, mind you... :rotf:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,062 Posts
I have the Yugo watch at the Radisson tonite, if he shows up I'll let everyone know. had rain today from Plymouth, WI well past Oshkosh. then it dried out and the sun finally came out.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Vicki and I are getting ready to leave Kalkaska soon, we will stop in Marquette tonight, I'll be watching for the yugo all the way!!! :)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Dave,
If you'd come as far as Ironwood, we'd be close. I could have made it to Duluth tonight, would have been about 9:00 local time. With the prices of the rooms there, I just decided to cut it short and make the grueling 2 hour drive in the morning. :D

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hang it there Lee, you're almost here :p You can probably find me in the bar when you get here :D
Lee510 said:
Dave,
If you'd come as far as Ironwood, we'd be close. I could have made it to Duluth tonight, would have been about 9:00 local time. With the prices of the rooms there, I just decided to cut it short and make the grueling 2 hour drive in the morning. :D

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
We are in marquette getting ready to head for Duluth. These 50 deg temps are terrible for her, she doesn't like it below about 65 deg. I think we'll be waiting for the temperature to rise.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
dthogey said:
We are in marquette getting ready to head for Duluth. These 50 deg temps are terrible for her, she doesn't like it below about 65 deg. I think we'll be waiting for the temperature to rise.

Dave, she'll get used to it!

We when left Midway, Utah (CCR08), by 7 AM it had dropped to 36 on I-80 in Wyoming, by the time the temps hit 40 I was roasting! LOL

Jeff, I remember the movie well, but now I cannot get the picture out of my mind with Lee's head sticking out wearing his full-face helmet! :histerica

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.