BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Sirius receiver/antenna installed on my '09 LT using a Tech Mount that goes through the hole near the clutch resevoir. The only problem is not I can't see my left mirror. I know there also mounts that go on top of the clutch or break resevoirs. I would imagine these might block the mirror as well. Does anyone know any other good options?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a radar detecter mounted on top of the brake resevoir and the satellite antenna on top of it. Works great in that location.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I placed mine right under the front cover. Remove the windshield, then remove the silver cover. Fits perfectly, and hidden also. I used 2 velcro straps.

See picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
I mount my receiver itself on using double side sticky tape to the "stingray".. just between the BMW sticker and the radio buttons.

If you want to make it "waterproof" you'll need to find a Pelican case that will fit... or wrap with some plastic...

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I bought a shade from BMR Products for the radio (works in conjuction with the BMR system), and then simply velcroed the receiver on top of that (literally right above the radio). Works great.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ken6217 said:
I just had a Sirius receiver/antenna installed on my '09 LT using a Tech Mount that goes through the hole near the clutch resevoir. The only problem is not I can't see my left mirror. I know there also mounts that go on top of the clutch or break resevoirs. I would imagine these might block the mirror as well. Does anyone know any other good options?

Thanks,
Ken

Ken,

I had the same issue with mine. I cut a trapezoid shaped piece of 1/8th aluminum and mounted it on the clutch cover angled so it follows the top of the left handlebar. My receiver/antenna now sits about 5in towards the centerline above the handlebar and does not block vision to anything nor interfere with handlebar movement and I did not make any holes in any of the plastic. I'm at work right now but if you need a picture let me know.

Bruce

1 - 8 of 8 Posts