BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have just bought a garmin zumo and have been wondering where the best place is to mount it.
Cheers Hovis

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
where you don't have to take your eyes too far from the road......................
mounted my 2720 on a copilot shelf right in the middle (bottom) of the windscreen

·
IBR# 366
16,544 Posts
Up high and centered, usually on some sort of a shelf. Don't want to have to look way down while riding.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I mounted my Iway 500 right above my radio controls. I'm sure you can set up the Zumo the same way with the right Ram mount.

I took about the front tupperware and radio off. I pryed off the BMW roundel that was right ontop of the radio display. I then drilled the hole for the mount. I mad it slightly oversized for the wires to squeeze in.

I ran the power right to the battery. The audio is stored for now under the driver's seat until I can afford to buy the audio cable from Raffy to my Baehr intercom.

I wish I could take credit for the idea but I copied another board member who posted their directions here on the board. If you use the search feature, I'm sure you'll find it.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Click on any of the links below this post and you will get additional ideas and pics. Then go the Accessories and Gear forum, GPS subforum, and do a search on GPS mount. All kinds of pics showing shelf mounts, handlebar mounts, RAM mounts, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts