BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my mpg is low, after the throttle reset, someone suggested it's the o-2 sensor. I'm thinking of unplugging it and see what happens, but thought about just replacing it.

There are none at the Houston area BMW dealers (not that I would pay $255 for a BMW sensor).

Do you typically order them from beemerboneyard or ??? ("Typically" in the sense that you bought one or two)

TIA,
Larry

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found I on amazon for $70 2day free shipping.

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 Amazon cheapest prices

·
Registered
596 Posts
Finding a sensor is not a problem.
Getting the old one out is the real Bitch.!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Getting the old one out is the real Bitch.!
Elaboration? I haven't looked at the service manual,procedures yet, but didn't figure it could be that tough.

No videos anywhere? :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
+3 on Amazon. Just did mine. Hour or so is right. Make sure you have a 22mm open wrench for the job. I would recommend the annual shift linkage PM while you have that left plate off too. I found some written step by step that worked well and will look for it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Elaboration? I haven't looked at the service manual,procedures yet, but didn't figure it could be that tough.

I'm off for the rest of the year if you would like to come out to my shop to do the repair.

Robert

·
Registered
596 Posts

The turn that you get on the wrench is a quarter turn at best, mine is seized so tight it wants to spread the wrench.

I suspect I hill have to spray and let sit with some penetrating fluid.
I have no interest in breaking anything or skinning my knuckles.

Once it is broken loose it will be fairly straight forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts