BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my stingray off for a few days while doing some work on the bike. Now that I'm putting it back on, I can't figure out where these two connectors attach. The one on the left has three wires and goes into the loom that has the comm system din plug on the end. The other is a two wire connector. (This '06, with the Voice II and Motoradd GPS, has a lot more wires in there thsan my old '01!)

TIA
George

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
GBarnes said:
I had my stingray off for a few days while doing some work on the bike. Now that I'm putting it back on, I can't figure out where these two connectors attach. The one on the left has three wires and goes into the loom that has the comm system din plug on the end. The other is a two wire connector. (This '06, with the Voice II and Motoradd GPS, has a lot more wires in there thsan my old '01!)

TIA
George
They kind of look like the Acc. plug wires. They moved the Acc. plug-in up to the dash area rather than next to you left leg on your model I think.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Not sure about the bigger of the two, but believe the small of them is your audio lead to the gps.. Just throwing out things here (AKA spitballin')

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
The acc plug is still on the left side beside the foot on my '08.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. One of the wires, the bigger one, was a "pass through"; it connected to some wires coming up from under the seat area and didn't connect to anything on the stingray. I don't think the other was connected to anything; it might have been for a different push-to-talk arrangement.

Anyway, I put it all together and it seems like everything works as it's supposed to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts