BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trivia question (I hope) :histerica

Addendum Added on edit (it seems I can't delete the post):

Never mind, think I figured it out. (dusted off the memory banks) :)
The four fasteners in question were used to secure the radiator exhaust pipes to the fan housings.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curtis,
I think those are for the center spoiler from underneath
Bill
Bill, yes, sorry I tried to delete my original post but couldn't, so I did a severe editing to try an save folks from reading more of my verbosity. But that left things a little unclear as to where I was at. ;)

Yes, they are just like the four that go under the center engine spoiler to fasten it to the right and left engine spoilers. There are four there. I had them already in place. These four are extra.

The bike was all together with Tupperware install excepting tip over wings and mirrors when I discovered four more hex drive bolts with plastic washers.

(I tend to throw all the Tupperware fasteners together in a bin, and don't try to keep track of what exactly goes where.)

I started to wonder if I had forgotten something that would cause me to have to "undress" her again. But eventually recalled they came off the radiator exhaust tubes and I had used Torx fasteners on the radiator tubes instead, hence the left over hex drive fasteners.

So, problem solved. :)
Thanks! :thumb:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,918 Posts
Don't know about the early bikes but there are only two places that have the 4 mm hex head with plastic washers on the 05. One is the radiator shrouds and the other is the chrome covers on the tip over bars. Center fairing was all Torx on the 05.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Curtis..........I always enjoy your posts.............most informative and chocked full of your dry wit.........stay warm:sun:....J

·
Registered
343 Posts
Is the 4mm hex head used to fasten the chrome tip over covers on a 2000 LT? I removed the Tupperware this weekend. Left side used a Torx T25 to fasten the chromed covers, right side had the 4mm hex fastening the chrome covers. Frustrating...

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts