BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do I get the front "junction block" for a Speigler brake line install?

My lines arrived this week and ineagerlymdove eagerly dove in this morning...

The banjo bolts, etc. Take a bit of effort to get moving, but my real hang-up is that I don't have a way to join the front lines. The original ones are joined by a permanently-connected aluminum block. How do I get my lines to connect like the ones in this pic (from this forum)?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Re: Where do I get the front "junction block" for a Speigler brake line install?

While this is still on my "to-do" list I see 3 lines in the picture of your lines that look like they will thread into the junction block T" like the ones in the picture. Starting from the top of your picture it looks like lines #2, #3 and #4 are what you are wanting.
However, it does appear that you are missing the "T". I would think that this should have come in the "Kit". Call Speigler and see what they say.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Re: Where do I get the front "junction block" for a Speigler brake line install?

You use the one already on the bike. Just remove the 3 old hoses from it & install the 3 new ones.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just remove the 3 old hoses from it...
Any tips on how Id do that? I have the "crossover" removed -- it has a nut to turn -- but I sure don't seen any hope of removing the other two... and neither do my vice grips!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,251 Posts

No you will not. They left out the aluminum block from your set. That crossover tube will go into it. You cannot re-use the stock one. I just got mine this week and it had a block, not the bolts like your set has, just the block and washers. Looks like they threw the wrong "bag of goodies" into your kit. Give them a call and they will fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Yep! Like JZ says, they left out the block. Put my set on last week and it came with a new block for the three lines to attach to just like the original. Bummer. Give them call on Monday--I'm sure they will get one out to you.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Just confirming that my set came with the block (for both my LT and my C) so they just forgot to include it with your set. Call them up and let them know, I am sure they will get you a new one.

·
Registered
36 Posts

I would not recommend using the factory (BMW) T block due to risk of galvanic corrosion.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

They left out the aluminum block from your set... Give them a call and they will fix it.
Yep... Speigler is shipping one out.

Another related question... Any tips on removing the banjo bolt just under the top of the rear shock? FYI, I have an Ohlins in there and really don't want to remove it if there's another way...

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts

Yep... Speigler is shipping one out.

Another related question... Any tips on removing the banjo bolt just under the top of the rear shock? FYI, I have an Ohlins in there and really don't want to remove it if there's another way...
When I did mine I remember removing the top bolt on the shock. Letting the final drive drop down & moving the top of the shock back out of the way.
BTW sorry for the miss information on the "T" block. I did the lines on my old LT 6 or 7 years ago & thought I had reused the "T" block.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

Any suggestions for getting the banjo out that is under the steering head? I can get a long and a short hex on it several ways but it is so tight and there is so little room that the tool flexes what little room there is w/o breaking it loose. Saw on a write up of the earlier models that you could reach it from above but didn't know if that was the case on the 05 and up. Would taking the nose off give me better access?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Any suggestions for getting the banjo out that is under the steering head?QUOTE]

I removed the nose to get better access. That was not an easy bolt to break loose, but leverage is your friend. I couldn't get enough without removing that part of the tupperware. Since that is where my leak occurred, I also wanted to inspect for and clean any remaining brake fluid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yep... definitely need this part in the Speigler kit. Now to fill and bleed the lines and sew everything back up...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts

...and just a little late for you, Kirk's just posted a video on changing old lines to Spieglers. Well done again Kirk!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts