BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

Purchase my 02 LTC from Daytona, Bike was originally in their Orlando store. I called the Orlando store and they are telling me that they do not have any records on the Bike, maintenance nor trade. I know the brakes are squealing so that was not done, among other things. So I would like to find out some history on her. Any ideas from you guys on that, would BMW NA maybe help me out a bit? I asked Orlando if they could check at least on where they might have bought it from but they say once a bike is sold records go into storage, yeah right 2 days later?.

Anyway I open for suggestions.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you contact your Dept. of Motor Vehicles with the VIN they could probably tell you the history of the bike's ownership.

Keith

·
Registered
261 Posts
dubious

every dealer has a BMW NA system that tracks the bikes by VIN and, at very least, tracks warrantee service and recall compliance.

the recall information is federally mandated and BMW tracks warrantee service for their own internal use.

so although ownership information may not be available, if they are telling you they have no information on the service history of the motorcycle i would strongly suggest you are being mislead.

ask for the recall and service history, and if they still claim ignorance, get to another dealer ASAP.

g.

greg shamieh boof # 93 k-whiner # 83
jefferson, maryland
[email protected]

2000 K1200LT --- "darkside"
75R90S -- "esssss"
73R75/5 -- "mojo"

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update - 02 Ltc

Talked to BMW NA. They brought the VIN up and told me that the Bike has had the Fuel Line and Fuel System check recall done, which makes me happy, but it does not show any other service bulletin been done. The bike was originally sent to Daytona and sold there, but in terms of who they sold it too and if any maintenance records exist it should be at the dealers computer system. So I am wondering why they are not willing to give me that info. I am going to contact my local dealer here and see if they can help me with it.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
ATLDB said:
Talked to BMW NA. They brought the VIN up and told me that the Bike has had the Fuel Line and Fuel System check recall done, which makes me happy, but it does not show any other service bulletin been done. The bike was originally sent to Daytona and sold there, but in terms of who they sold it too and if any maintenance records exist it should be at the dealers computer system. So I am wondering why they are not willing to give me that info. I am going to contact my local dealer here and see if they can help me with it.

Thanks
Darcy,

I bought my LT from out of state from one of our members. When I had the clutch replaced at BMW M/C of Atlanta, I got a print out of all the service work done by the dealer in California. Sounds like BMW of Daytona is up to their poor customer service, as is normal from what I remember.

HTH

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update to my Update

I am sure my boys over at Blue Moon will be glad to help me out, Jason and Mark are two outstanding guys so I will most likely head out there tomorrow or Saturday morning.

Received more information via email from BMW NA. Bike was sold as a demo with 731 miles on her, which means IF the 600 was done it was done while a demo bike and it would not show as a maintenance record on the computer. Since dealers will only put that info on the computer if an invoice was printed, go figure, also they sent me DMV information the bike was owned by one owner and was kept in the Orlando area until it was traded in last September. BMW FS had the lien until than. So I think I am safe for now, with a little over 6K on her right now I will be changing the oil this weekend so I am considering the 6000 done, in the spring I will probably get the 12K done and new tires.

Thanks for the input guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts