BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the frustrations over the TFT and the mapping, I have been trying unsuccessfully to mount my phone so I can follow the Tourstart navigation on it.

with the SOS button there does not seem enough room on the bars, and the wonderful Quadlock system, which fits in the fork stem does not fit the new 1250RT (I bought one, and it doesn't. )

There is a prefect bit of real estate right above the screen, but no easy way to fix it in place. (Gaffa tape would look obscene on this beauty)

Can anyone point me to a solution I can get in the UK that works please?

Looking at RAM mounts, but I have no experience of what works.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well thank you for all the wonderful ideas.

I have eventually gone with boulderGT3s version. for the following reasons:

1. Simply the UK bikes do not have straight handlebar room, so that discounts traditional versions.
  2. My phone Huawei P20 pro is it seems to big for the bag, otherwise I think that is my next favourite.
  3. The ram mount, as soon as Frankenstein was used with Ram mount, I could not see it as an elegant solution,
  4. Quadlock do not do a mounting or phone holder that fits.
  5. Wunderlich was also a close contender, and Nippy Normans were very helpful in making sure I was looking at the right parts, and helpful with advice.
I am hoping it is only a backup requirement, and the connectivity now works perfectly every-time. at £6.99 delivered it is neat, cheap, and I can use it on my push bikes too. Again thanks.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for this. I'm picking up my 2021 RT from London next week. I'm a bit worried about the TFT/Nav after everything I've seen online and want a back-up plan.
Dont worry too much about it now..... make sure its all working before you leave the stealer, and it has the latest software, and you should be OK. So it should connect, play music (If headphones connected, thats good for sat nav voice directions too) and not turn off because the phone shuts down. Its worth planning how you charge the phone, If you don't have q charging, I use this instead of a cable

I went for the Rubber cheap option, and its perfect. Sits on the bike and never use it now, as the software is working without fault since December for me.
Its the one near the beginning of the thread, rec by boulderGT3. Not lost my phone yet. Actually not really needed it much, never now.

Most solutions here are from kind folks who have the older RT, you will love your new bike. hope its not too cold, but on this, you will be fine!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts