BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about something - When I click on a picture in a thread, most of the time, after looking at the picture, I hit the return arrow on the top of my screen and I'm returned to the beginning of the thread instead of where I was looking at the picture. If there are several pictures, I have to make the round trip after each picture.

Am I doing something wrong. Previously, I could go from one picture to the next and remain in the thread with the picture.

This sounds confusing, but maybe it's just my computer.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Not sure what to tell you Dano, I just looked at a thread with multi pics & the back arrow took me back to the post with the pics in it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
DanDiver said:
I'm curious about something - When I click on a picture in a thread, most of the time, after looking at the picture, I hit the return arrow on the top of my screen and I'm returned to the beginning of the thread instead of where I was looking at the picture. If there are several pictures, I have to make the round trip after each picture.

Am I doing something wrong. Previously, I could go from one picture to the next and remain in the thread with the picture.

This sounds confusing, but maybe it's just my computer.
Happens to me too. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully some one has an answer as it gets to be a big pain if there are multiple pictures you want to see from a thread way down the list.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most likely then it's my computer. I'm using Explorer 9 as a browser and it doesen't happen all the time.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Since nobody else has 'come to the rescue"
I will share my "limited knowledge"
Since it's your computer and not "the site"
it has to be somewhere in your settings,
I think I remember that Dan is using firefox, if that's correct look under Tools, options, tabs.
Another thing you might try is instead of using the green back arrow,
click on the little black downward pointing arrow right next to it,
that should give you a list of "previous pages" not a fix but a way around it.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If you use Firefox you can install an addon called coolpreviews. I use it all the time particularly on this site. When someone posts a pic, cursor over it and a little blue button will appear next to it. Cursor over to it and it will open that pic to its own page (which is adjustable). When done looking, cursor off of it and presto....you're back to your original post. It does some other things to, that you can read up about when you install it. HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts