BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very interested in purchasing one of the free-standing wheel chocks for use in storing the K12LT over winter. At this point I like the Condor and Bike-Grab the best. If the Condor will actually support the K-bike by the rear wheel it will be my choice because that would really help a tight storage situation. I did a search of the NG and read a report that the LA Chock is a real pain to extricate the K-bike from. So, if you have any experience with any of these free standing wheel chocks I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences--good and bad.

Ride the Wheels Off!
YTKinWI

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Wheeldock works for me

I have a Wheeldock. I use it in my trailer and free standing in my garage. It is easier to get in an out of than then some of the others that require the bike run over a fulcrum or bump to actuate the locking mechanism. It is well made and easily transportable. When the bike is locked in place it is very stable. I do not know if it can be utilized at the rear wheel but you could call them. They have a nice clip on their web site.

http://www.wheeldock.com/

·
Registered
263 Posts
dandoble said:
I have a Wheeldock. I use it in my trailer and free standing in my garage. It is easier to get in an out of than then some of the others that require the bike run over a fulcrum or bump to actuate the locking mechanism. It is well made and easily transportable. When the bike is locked in place it is very stable. I do not know if it can be utilized at the rear wheel but you could call them. They have a nice clip on their web site.

http://www.wheeldock.com/
That puppy looks NICE!! :yeah:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wheel chocks

ytk said:
I'm very interested in purchasing one of the free-standing wheel chocks for use in storing the K12LT over winter. At this point I like the Condor and Bike-Grab the best. If the Condor will actually support the K-bike by the rear wheel it will be my choice because that would really help a tight storage situation. I did a search of the NG and read a report that the LA Chock is a real pain to extricate the K-bike from. So, if you have any experience with any of these free standing wheel chocks I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences--good and bad.

Ride the Wheels Off!
YTKinWI
I made a set of side stands that use the use the motor mount holes to hold the bike up in stead of putting it up on the center stand, I also have a condor chock and prefer the side stands. I also made a set with wheels, now I can push the LT around in my shop with out worry about it going down. If interested let me know. I think there are some pictures in one of may posts.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I personally use the Condor for my LT as well as the M/X and some others. We also use them in the shop as well as the trailers and Van for transporting. Very versatile and reliable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts