BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my LT for only 3 weeks but already my girlfriend and I refer to it as "The Bus".

I am sure that you too have become so affectionate with your bikes so, What is yours called?

SC

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
bikerboybmw said:
I have had my LT for only 3 weeks but already my girlfriend and I refer to it as "The Bus".

I am sure that you too have become so affectionate with your bikes so, What is yours called?

SC
Just check the signature line

·
Registered
401 Posts
Lunch Truck

Mine got named the Lunch Truck because every time I take a long ride, my wife sends me off with cookies and brownies. So when we stop for a break, the trunk opens up and out comes the lunch! Also, I have a tendency to ride a couple of hundred miles for lunch.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My bike is called "MEINBYK," and it sometimes rides in my "BYKTRLR," which is pulled by "MEINTRK." Three guesses as to what the personalized license plates on each vehicle say :).

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
"Oh, Kay"!

I was rolling through the gears one day just after getting her and I thought to myself "Ohhhhhhhh, kkkkkkkkkkkk" (as if saying Ohhhhhh, baby! :D ). Thus she earned the name "Oh, Kay".
It was really hard on me when I dropped her since she has a name and all.
Jer

·
Registered
401 Posts
neodoc said:
My bike is called "MEINBYK," and it sometimes rides in my "BYKTRLR," which is pulled by "MEINTRK." Three guesses as to what the personalized license plates on each vehicle say :).

Florida? Ha Ha!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Officially U-99

Officially "U-99" but in the first couple months when I was learning to handle the weight and dropped her twice I started calling her the "Pig." As in I going out on the road and wrestle the pig around. New that I'm more comfortable she is no longer a pig but a greyhound.

Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
mine is in the sig line, but the best I've read since joining this forum is the BRILLIANT member who named his Anna Nicole...if you're lucky he'll post and you'll see his signature line for the explanation...

·
Registered
710 Posts
It's in the signature.

·
Registered
313 Posts
bikerboybmw said:

SC
The LT's official name is "Emil". Named by the original owner, and left it at that out of respect for him. He's quite a guy and has been through a lot. But, my original name for it was the Spruce Goose because it will eventually fly, but it takes a while to get it there. After getting more accustomed to it, I gave it another name, "das Schlepper Boot", or the tug boat

·
Registered
371 Posts
Helga, or Frau Helga. Depends how polite I feel at the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My bike is the Rain Maker,seems to fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
too soon to tell

I've only had mine one day and she hasn't screamed out a name to me yet. That is why my sig has (TBNL) in it. It is for "To Be Named Later". I was thinking Die Blau Frau (the Blue Lady) just because it rhymes, but it seems too generic. I'm sure she'll let me know what she wants to be called soon enough.

I am enjoying this thread, though.

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Gray Ghost

I resisted (or rather, just didn't think about) naming my LT until I saw my own shadow going down the road one day. Yes, we were trailering the bike, but it looks like a riderless bike (that's where the "ghost" part comes into play) is following us.

I took this picture. The bike is gray, the bike's shadow is gray, and I'm gray. That's where I got "Gray Ghost" from. I also like the alliteration. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 70 Posts