BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about your ativar???

Mine is as follows:

Becky and I heading from El Paso to Las Vegas. On I-40 just east of Flagstaff. I took out the camera to shoot a pic of the snow capped San Francisco Mts. I then turned the camera around and took a quick pic of us scoot'n westward at 80 mph. A true action shot!!!

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
Self-explanatory. Autobahn. Or maybe a lonely Welsh motorway. I forget which. :D

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Avitar origin...

Tbird said:
...about your ativar???

Mine is as follows:
The boss said I remind her of a moose; Affable, interesting, very large, funny in appearance and manner and definitely not someone you want to "piss off".

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
your other icon

BillyOmaha said:
The boss said I remind her of a moose; Affable, interesting, very large, funny in appearance and manner and definitely not someone you want to "piss off"..
truth be told i am less interested in the moose than i am in the K1200R shown in your sig line. what's HER story? a hot babe on a beemer in the middle of a desert next to a winnebego. is this some sort of post-apocalyptic fantasy?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Boeing 757 on approach into Seattle.......TWA paint scheme before acquisition by American Airlines.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Photo OP

My wife and I were on our FIRST real road trip (966 miles, puny by some standards) and on Friday, my 66th birthday, we were on a lonely road between Raton and Taos trying to get some photos in motion, etc. I stopped to let some traffic pass (which had been non-existant BEFORE we tried to take the pictures) and while stopped, Cynthia snapped this one of me. Not really very exciting, but a good shot of our trike.:bmw:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cockpit

Travelling across NE Colorado, picture of the cockpit when the bike was naked.

Basically I was bored, shot the pic, liked it.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
KBandit said:
truth be told i am less interested in the moose than i am in the K1200R shown in your sig line. what's HER story? a hot babe on a beemer in the middle of a desert next to a winnebego. is this some sort of post-apocalyptic fantasy?
BMW came out with a short movie called "Respect" to promote the K1200R. It was a nasty movie and would be rated at least "R" :eek: (bear in mind that this was an authorized BMW promo :eek: ) At any rate, the girl was in the movie and this image is a "wall paper" from it. Story is she's "done" with the "hero" in the trailer and going to sneak away on the K-R.

BMW pulled the promo when they got complaints about how racy it was:eek: and, more importantly, because they came to the conclussion that they had missed the target demographics :confused:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
What's your story ...

BillyOmaha said:
BMW came out with a short movie called "Respect" to promote the K1200R. It was a nasty movie and would be rated at least "R" :eek: (bear in mind that this was an authorized BMW promo :eek: ) At any rate, the girl was in the movie and this image is a "wall paper" from it. Story is she's "done" with the "hero" in the trailer and going to sneak away on the K-R. .
as usual i miss the really good movies.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Deal's Gap, Hwy 129, Tennessee, borders Great Smokey Mountain National Park.

www.killboy.com took the photos along with hundreds each weekend, you go to the web site, check for your pic, send in the fee per pic, they send you CD disk.

Photo as the bottom, yes that is detour sign in the glare, taken in Southern Georgia while returning from Groveland Fla, RTM/Eat this year... I will downsize it or delete it in few days, was playing with the new feature on the NEW and IMPROVED site.

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Link contains some sexual content

KBandit said:
as usual i miss the really good movies.
Not if you're member of the Northern California forum ;) Here you go, Gary, we'll keep it just among us two :rolleyes:

Here's the link and remember it's rated R :eek:

Seriously, it has some sexual content and is inappropriate for the work environment or for young children.

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
RU ready 2 Go

Rocket Ray and early1 about to shred

·
Prodigal Son
1,297 Posts
"because they came to the conclussion that they had missed the target demographics "
Duh,,, ya think??

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
The wife and I on our big trip last June to Colorado Springs and back.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Avitar?

When I found this one, I just couldn't resist. Nothing deeper than I refuse to be "PC". There are absolutes in this world.. and I'm absolutely sickened by attempts to make me PC.

Guess I'm absolutely hopeless.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
That's me

Out on the Talimena drive on my first real trip on my LT..

·
Registered
749 Posts
Photo taken in 1969. Baltimore Police Department Motorcycle Unit. 1968 HD with side shifter/foot clutch and those very inefficient drum brakes. Made by AMF! Those were the daze!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Liked this one - the part of the bike you hardly ever see.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,192 Posts
Had the Suzuki (2nd one ) since 1994. It qualifies for antique plates this year (30 yrs old). Was working on it and told the wife I was going to the junk yard to get a used faring. She said why don't you just go out and buy a new bike. That was in April 04, got the LT in June. 'nuff said.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts

On the front end it's only a simple headshot but now y'all have got me thinkin' and tellin' about it. Probably way too much disclosure but here's the gig.

The shot is taken off of a picture of the last visit I had with a cousin of mine who died too soon from cancer. I had made the trip back home on my 2000 Basalt to see him and we had a great reunion. His wife took a shot of the two of us doing a little posing at their cell phone shop. The stuff that looks like a background for a mugshot is shelving material. All in all a pretty clear image of what I is!:eek:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts