BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the post from cfell down in the Texas Hill Country on the HD / LT thread made me think of this, plus the Hill Country is where my LT earned the name

"Sphincter"

What better place than the Hill Country, passing a group of 5 or 6 HDs at well over 100, hitting a blind left hand turn and making it all look like thats exactly what you intended to do. I cleaned my drawers out later.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
bike name...?

This week mine is "Fu**in' Expensive."

Broken windshield bracket that you can't buy separately but have to purchase as part of the windshield motor and bracket whole for $580 (missed the TWO that beemer boneyard had by one week) plus three hours labor, a windshield that is de-laminating that three dealerships won't warranty and now has to be replaced, and purchase and install of aux lighting.

First two were necessary, third I deemed necessary for frequent night riding, all of which made my checking account lighter by more than $1,300 and I still have the 12K mile service to look forward to!

All in all, I STILL love the damn thing better than the harley!

·
Registered
223 Posts
2003 K1200LT is the Brown Buffalo. Anyone who has ever wrestled with an LT on wet or oily pavement knows exactly why.

!999 Kawasaki Concours is John's Plum Crazy. I am told it has less to do with the purple color, and more to do with my riding style.

2002 Suzuki Hayabusa is Blew By You. It is blue and I do like old Linda Rondstadt music.

2000 Kawasaki KX 250 is The Alien. A kid I was riding with swore that it came down from the sky as we were riding the famous triple jump at Midland Motocross park. FYI - In third, wide open, no problem clearing all three jumps at once. The tight hairpin immediately afterwards was a bit tricky but the banking made it doable.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
When I got my "green" bike and I was telling my friends about it, they asked what color it was. I told them she was green, like a bell pepper. Boom, she is called Belle

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
No fancy stories here.

Nancy and I came up with the name for the LT spontaneously. After we checked the meaning we thought it fit.

When we added the K-R and the name leapt out at us.

Dieter: "Warrior of the people"
Wolfgang: "The Path of the Wolf"

·
Registered
163 Posts
Florian said:
name for a bike?!?!.....that qualifies for a Section 8. How bout "Justrideit"

F
Gotta agree - F**K the name, as it is a machine - an inanimate object. Not a woman. Nor a man. It breaks, you fix it.
Get on it and ride it......:D

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
bike name list

The list is a little old

Attachments

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
The list is a little old
Just like some of us members here Brian. But we're still rolling down the highway! Good job on finding the list.

John

·
Registered
205 Posts
How about?

LiTtle LoTta :D

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
petevandyke said:
Broken windshield bracket that you can't buy separately but have to purchase as part of the windshield motor and bracket whole for $580 (missed the TWO that beemer boneyard had by one week) plus three hours labor, a windshield that is de-laminating that three dealerships won't warranty and now has to be replaced, and purchase and install of aux lighting.
Three hours labor to replace the windshield mechanism? Many of us can do an HID install in an hour, including removing and replacing the windshield motor assembly. You gotta wonder . . .

·
Registered
300 Posts
Zorro was the best that stuck around the longest 1977 Kaw Z1 that went over 200,000 miles. Miss her.

The LT has had a couple of names "JOY" was the first and I am going to stick with her just like Zorro except I believe "Joy" can make it to 500,000 miles....The trucker's gave her a CB handle "BB" for the Blue bullet...Hard to keep at the speed limits while travelling from Austin to El Paso .

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Never have been able to name a bike to my satisfaction, so I gave up trying. My kid called my Vstrom teh Green Goblin, because I had it painted in the green/purple color-shifting paint like green goblin in spiderman movie. The vstroms "face" (I know, its an inanimate object) looks sorta like the GG in the movie too. And the original charcoal color sucked, imo. No offense to anthracite owners.

rando

·
Registered
87 Posts
LT Name

"Ana Nicole"

A real looker, fun to ride, top-heavy, expensive to acquire and maintain, mostly ridden by older men.

Rick

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
John,
We are not old. We are well seasoned!!! Rick,I like Your explanation of your bikes name. Very fitting. Hopefully Ana when she is in one of her not so fat stages though.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts