BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trying to track down a loose connection in my com system and came across this purple connector not connected to anything. Anyone know what its for? Couldn't find a female mate to it anywhere. Located under the seat on the right side of the bike along the frame tube.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
It's the alarm programming plug. It;s used to change the alarm from the A mode to B mode to C. You need the code sheet to set up the different modes, not all codes sheets are the same for all years. Different BC models(1,2,3) have different procedures Maybe some one on the site may have a code sheet for your year. If you have the original alarm manual that came with the bike the procedure should be there.
Good luck, Steve

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I'll attach 2 WORD docs that are fairly self-explanatory. My revised doc worked on my 2002 LTC ... your mileage may vary.

FWIW, I am unaware of a Mode "C".

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - Mystery Solved. When I first got the bike, I had the dealer change the alarm mode for me at the 600 mile checkup, so never tried to do it myself. Thanks for the replies - knew I would get the answer quickly here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts